DCA considering amps

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, I am biting my tongue like you can not believe, because perhaps I am taking his comment the wrong way. But a lot of the people in the Bridgemen could march in a number of the TOP all age corps out there and with a little more drill I think we could EASILY make the top 10 at DCA.

We've got a bigger hornline than anyone else out there this year. ^0^ ^0^ ^0^

And we certainly are all ages - why just the Baritone section alone ranges from 15 or 16 up through guys in their 60s.

And - we've got AMPS!!!! neener neener neener!

I'm jus sayin'.....

Relaaaaax, he didn't mean it that way.

Amps are not cool, the end.

Really?

1. Shows like: Around the World, Miss Saigon, Chorus Line, Phantom, etc. as well as their rehearsal scheme, rules, staff and membership are, IMHO all reminiscent of 90's DCI. I was actually referring to their percussion charts, which (again IMHO) are DCI-esque and quite ammenable to amplified keyboards.

odd. you mean...gasp...SCV and Empire both played flams and open rolls when they did Saigon and Phantom? Horrors! how dare they share the same rudiments

:worthy:

2. Sorry Bush has no money, my bad.

3. The "rumor" was mentioned (not by me) because amps have already been proposed in DCA. No one inferred that anything would change or even be proposed in Mid July. This is currently a hot topic in DCI and I, for one, would like to see a "preemptive" movement to thwart off the possibility in DCA.

4. I don't see where anyone stated that DCA corps were rich. Obviously some are better off in this regard than others. Just as obviously these would be the corps most likely to consider the major expenditure for amplification.

The left coast seems to have twisted your sense of humor, Tom. I would think that working to improve the stability of your local drum corps would be theraputic as well as helpful to DCI amd drum corps in general.

Vigilance against unwanted rules is always preferable to trying to change arule once it is installed.

just my opinions, of course.

Just like any year of Bridgemen past, you either love it or hate it, we have heard it all before.

:ramd:

The beauty of tradition is that WE get to decide how to use it. History WILL remind us of that famous pucker up while we drop our drawers mentality. After all, we didn't get to be the Bridgemen by letting people punk us into doing things their way, and I don't remember us ever asking for pre-approval of our performance concept. Judging from the audience responses, I would have to say that there aren't many hotdogs being sold while we are on the field. ^OO^

Just like any year of Bridgemen past, you either love it or hate it, we have heard it all before.

:ramd:

The beauty of tradition is that WE get to decide how to use it. History WILL remind us of that famous pucker up while we drop our drawers mentality. After all, we didn't get to be the Bridgemen by letting people punk us into doing things their way, and I don't remember us ever asking for pre-approval of our performance concept. Judging from the audience responses, I would have to say that there aren't many hotdogs being sold while we are on the field. ^OO^

:worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy:

Just to clarify, there is no Bushwacker 'battling' for amplification going on right now. There was a proposal

almost TWO years ago that we knew would not get passed but wanted to at least discuss the issue of it.

The only battling we are thinking about is our next competition.

Looking forward to a nice seven corps DCA show in Lewisburg.

Jim,

you guys promise to do the Pesci rant from Goodfellas and i'll support narration in DCA for one show and one show only!

Thank you...and I'm glad they're back on the field too, I'm just poking at y'all...I don't care about you using amps in the pit..just please don't sing to me.... :worthy:

I was just making a joke in jest..although I am disappointed to hear this and I like to think that I knew the Bridgemen back then, I just wouldn't "think" they would cop out to amps, but that's just me..and my husband especially knew them since he went head to head with them. Yeah I said "cop" out...sue me. The thing I remember most about Bridgemen is their creativity would stay within the rules..they may have bent the rules but they didn't break them. :P

Hi Stephanie,

Congratulations to both you and your husband on the birth of your son!

Just a few comments...

Stephanie...I think that your original post was correct!

1) Contrary to most of the other Bridgemen that have posted here, I believe that, yes, Stephanie, you are correct...most of my 1977-1980 Bridgemen brethren would be opposed to ANY amplification on the field! (IMHO).

2) Bobby Hoffman (RIP) would probably have been for amplification, BUT, the opposition would have been very strong, and he would be overruled by the corps, much like the pastel-colored Russian Cossack Coats, and Hats (in pink, and lime green!!!), were shot down! ^0^

3) This thread has been very entertaining, and funny!

Stop being rediculous! Empires entrance to the big hit in the opener, in the percusion writing (ALL BE IT DO TO THE SAME ARRANGER) in almost note to note ala Madison this year. ((according to a drummer i know i know, and a drum instructor that is not affiliated with my corps))

odd. you mean...gasp...SCV and Empire both played flams and open rolls when they did Saigon and Phantom? Horrors! how dare they share the same rudiments

:worthy: