DCA considering amps

Featuring such not forgotten gems as Unskinny Bop, Nothin But a Good Time, Fallen Angel, Talk Dirty to Me, and my personal favorite, I Want Action. ^0^

my vote for the ballad would be Life Goes On B)

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Featuring such not forgotten gems as Unskinny Bop, Nothin But a Good Time, Fallen Angel, Talk Dirty to Me, and my personal favorite, I Want Action. ^0^

Oh you just can't wait for that reunion tour to hit Hershey can you. :P

Gad I worked with Brett Michaels dad just before he retired and didn't realize it 'cause Brett dropped his last name. Heard someone make a smart remark about seeing his kid on MTV and it finally hit me.

I think I would go with Something to Believe In. :)

Oh you just can't wait for that reunion tour to hit Hershey can you. :P

Gad I worked with Brett Michaels dad just before he retired and didn't realize it 'cause Brett dropped his last name. Heard someone make a smart remark about seeing his kid on MTV and it finally hit me.

The funny part about that is that about the time most of those hits came out, I was in elementary school just discovering MTV.

I remember the first time I horrified my mother singing the lyrics to Unskinny Bop because they dropped a curse word and me not knowing, sang the lyrics and about had my mouth smacked off. :worthy:

The funny part about that is that about the time most of those hits came out, I was in elementary school just discovering MTV.

you just made me feel like a really OLD big sister. pass me my cane and geritol please. :huh:

you just made me feel like a really OLD big sister. pass me my cane and geritol please. :huh:

Beat me to it Liz and I'm older than you are. :(

My younger (by 9 years) sister was starting college when Poison hit the national scene. My folks didn't have cable at the time because they lived in the boonies. One night sis and her boyfriend stopped by to watch MTV at my place and check out "Talk Dirty to Me". Kicker was when sis asked the boyfriend "Now which guy did your sister used to date until your dumb ### parents broke it up?" ^0^ :huh:

sorry Liz...

If amps are legalized, that means you’ll have electricity in the pit. So why not allow hot dog cookers in the pit? That way you’ll prevent the crowd from heading to the refreshment stands and pull in a little cash to pay for the equipment. (On wet nights, as a safety measure, you can break out the Weber.)

The line forms at the tympani!

:huh:

Jim, you mean that the tymps everyone uses aren't Weber kettles? :P

I always thought we'd see someone pop off the head and start a 'spit' for chicken, and the others would be for burgers dogs, and brats...let's not forget shish-kabobs too! After Prelims everybody could set up for the fans..good fund-raiser! b**bs

Pat

sorry Liz...

it's ok ~ i'll get you back sis ^0^

Key Lime Pie?

B)

Enough of this 80s monster ballad crap. I can't believe you people are not taking this thread seriously.

This amplification thing threatens to ruin drum and bugle corps as we know it. I mean, this is serious! I intend to get this thing back on track.

Let's recap - Someone who knows, heard this from someone else who heard from someone who is or isn't in the know that a rules change could go into effect sometime between now and some time in the very near or distant future.

Come on people, get serious about this!!

Dave

P.S. I would really like to see the Death Avengers open up with Rock You Like a Hurricane by the Scorpions, and close with Home Sweet Home by Motely Crue. That would be sweet.