DCA considering amps

jerk. you just made me hungry for that now. <_<

:P

how far is it to Lewisberg again? :huh:

maybe we'll try this one WITHOUT the car accident this time. B)

maybe you'll have a care package for the ride home. :huh:

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have no idea how far it is for you - you'd probably come across 80.

Already been done - Bucs used beer kegs & Steel City used brake drums (a chromatic set no less) in 86.

Only someone of my age might remember Reading using beer kegs much earlier than 1986. Of course, they never made it on the field … the pitch got too low as the day went on.

And the chromatic brake drums are a direct steal from Spike Jones!

:huh:

Jim, you mean that the tymps everyone uses aren't Weber kettles? :P

I wasn’t thinking! I’m drooling at the thought of some bockwurst from Ernst Illg (unpaid endorsement) done over a flaming tympani.

Edited by The Oz

If amps are legalized, that means you’ll have electricity in the pit. So why not allow hot dog cookers in the pit? That way you’ll prevent the crowd from heading to the refreshment stands and pull in a little cash to pay for the equipment. (On wet nights, as a safety measure, you can break out the Weber.)

The line forms at the tympani!

Not sure if this is just a northern thing, but HOT DOG COOKERS? We're still a bit tribal down here and use Grills and Smokers, some so big you need a trailer for them. The scent of flesh cooking outdoors travels within a fifty yard radius. It's almost a nonverbal invite to a party, then add the keg. Put that in a pit and your GE points go way up. B)

Let's recap - Someone who knows, heard this from someone else who heard from someone who is or isn't in the know that a rules change could go into effect sometime between now and some time in the very near or distant future.

That is exactly, 100 percent correct.

No need to keep this thread open any longer. B)

Fran

Ok, so fake amps with soloists in them popping out to play all melodies and light fireworks.

Is this what you were thinking?

If that's going to happen why not have each member wear a mirror in different areas of their uniforms. When the corps hits a certain part of the drill thats when the lazer light system comes on. This is of course right after the fog machine is cranking. This would sooooo rule for a Pink Floyd show. B)

If that's going to happen why not have each member wear a mirror in different areas of their uniforms. When the corps hits a certain part of the drill thats when the lazer light system comes on. This is of course right after the fog machine is cranking. This would sooooo rule for a Pink Floyd show. B)

iBallRR3-1.jpgiBallRR3-1.jpg

Edited by Ring Leader

Let's recap - Someone who knows, heard this from someone else who heard from someone who is or isn't in the know that a rules change could go into effect sometime between now and some time in the very near or distant future.

That is exactly, 100 percent correct.

No need to keep this thread open any longer. B)

Not exactly O’ loud-shirt-wearing-ex-mello.

Someone who knows, heard this from someone else who heard from someone who is or isn't in the know that a rules change could go into effect sometime between now and some time in the very near or distant future. Then someone else tried to start a flame war, and someonstillelse said it wasn’t so, then stillanotherelse said they’d declare any amped DCA corps as a hot dog corps, then Tom Peashy added a note of sanity, then stillmoreelses started discussing tube steaks, and moreselves started a discussion of keg percussion.

Now, we’ve got two females trying to arrange a get together for fine dining in Lewisburg, two guys from brat country, goalieguy and El Guapo, adding to the merriment, another guy who seems to be near where I’m sitting (I’m in Austin Bergstrom airport waiting for a flight) offering cooking suggestions.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot the contributions for pyrotechnics and strippers.

I think this thread is right on target and is contributing greatly to the collective knowledge of drum corps.

Who invited you into the discussion anyway?

Edited by The Oz

Oh I don't know if i'd call key lime pie fine dining :huh:

Oh I don't know if i'd call key lime pie fine dining :huh:

fine i'll see what else i can toss into the cooler. :P

would you prefer shrimp? ^0^