DCA considering amps

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fine i'll see what else i can toss into the cooler. :P

would you prefer shrimp? ^0^

the way to my heart (or in your case, my good side) is through seafood. so you know the answer to that :D

You're right. It would kill the taste of the brat residue stuck between your teeth.

it's a good thing i don't eat bratwurst then. ampssuck

the way to my heart (or in your case, my good side) is through seafood. so you know the answer to that :D

of course :)

see you tomorrow b**bs

Not exactly O’ loud-shirt-wearing-ex-mello.

Ex-mello????

How DARE you.

I was a French horn player. :P

Fran

Financial and traditional issues aside...
I find this debate to be quite the study of the human condition.

After all these past 34 years of wild spending on all kinds of ephemeral fad-of-the-year equipment, and the unchallenged headlong rush towards the erosion and/or elimination of nearly every classic drum corps tradition of the late lamented Golden Age of Drum Corps when perhaps 500 or so corps trod the stadium turfs each summer -- suddenly it's the issue of *Amplification* that finally elicits feelings of nostalgia and economy among those in the remaining two dozen or so upper-level competing junior units?

Isn't that a bit like locking the barn door after the horses have all run off?

If only some of these newly-indignant voices had been raised in the early 1970s.

There might still even have been time in the 1980s.

Talking about tradition now, in 2006, is like lamenting over a long-lost love.

Hi Stephanie,

Congratulations to both you and your husband on the birth of your son!

Just a few comments...

Stephanie...I think that your original post was correct!

1) Contrary to most of the other Bridgemen that have posted here, I believe that, yes, Stephanie, you are correct...most of my 1977-1980 Bridgemen brethren would be opposed to ANY amplification on the field! (IMHO).

2) Bobby Hoffman (RIP) would probably have been for amplification, BUT, the opposition would have been very strong, and he would be overruled by the corps, much like the pastel-colored Russian Cossack Coats, and Hats (in pink, and lime green!!!), were shot down! ^0^

3) This thread has been very entertaining, and funny!

Thank you Jim for the congratulations oh and btw one of Ryans favorites is 1978 Bridgemen.. :P (Yeah I've been playing DVD's already). And also for confirming that I haven't lost my mind about what the Bridgemen "of old" would've done with amps... :P :)

And for all those with the 80's power ballad songs...how could you forget the power ballad hit with Lita Ford and Ozzy Osbourne "Close my eyes forever"... :huh: :P I'm disappointed in y'all... ^0^ b**bs

Ex-mello????

How DARE you.

I was a French horn player. :P

Fran

My sincere apologies.

I was in Reading the year Red Winzer forced the change from frenchies to mellos. He had, the prior year, complained about the tone quality of the Getzen French horns. (He was smart enough not to blame the players, there were many more of them than him.) Somewhere in the debate, Red said something along the lines of, “The only thing those pieces of <self-censored> are good for is table lamps!”

Next year, the newly formed mello section had tee shirts made – “Reading Lamp Company”

Again, my apologies. (Although I’m sure I’ll find something else to insult you with in another thread.)