Bb Spit Valves

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drum Corps Community---

PLEASE READ

I, Bob-O, of a Division II Drum Corps, hereby request to our great and noble community of marching musicians, with said rights of being such etc, etc. hereby using our profound wisdom of technique & recovery, to censure a one "Snappettes_Mom" and never speak to her again.

All in favor, please reply:

Ni!

XD This tread is hillarious.

I'm not sure weather to take this thread as a joke... or not.

Edited by Gil-galad

Drum Corps Community---

PLEASE READ

I, Bob-O, of a Division II Drum Corps, hereby request to our great and noble community of marching musicians, with said rights of being such etc, etc. hereby using our profound wisdom of technique & recovery, to censure a one "Snappettes_Mom" and never speak to her again.

Ni!

ummmm :rock: ....she keeps ME entertained...I find the banter humourus so therefore, I say either lighten up a bit, or just don't go into her topics.

Snapettes Mom is a guy.

~>conner

Snappettes Mom is free to speak her mind. As is G michael 1230 and Bawkerand boxingfred.

I can disagree with them. They can disagree with me. We are all experts! right?

*Ahem* Back on topic...

I remember "back in the day" when there was only one spit valve. And we didn't have springs yet. You had to tip your head Waaaaay back and aim high OVER the box so that Mother Gravity would do her thing and tip the spitvalve shut.

Interresting sidebar: if you played too loud, on the right note, of course, the spitvalve would flutter open. That's when they invented double- and triple-tonguing, timed in harmonic opposition to the spitterflutter (as they called it). Then, A.S. (after springs) it was realized that double- and triple tonguing had value -- musically -- not just as a workaround for the spitterflutter.

Stay with me here...don't walk away yet...

One time, Earl "Lug-Chops" Veerfishapella crammed down the last of his peanut cookies at the end of break...

then had nutterbutter out his spitterflutter.

It's true. You should have been there. It was cool.

Edited by dannyboy

Drum Corps Community---

PLEASE READ

Ni!

"Lighten up Francis!."

($1 to Sgt Hulka in Stripes)

Snapettes Mom is cool. He is one of the few things that used to lighten up the mood on RAMD. I guess folks are more interested in arguing these days over the differences than in having a moment of laughter...