Extreme Makeover: The Top 21!

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crossmen___Practical_by_Becorps.jpg

While they're all pretty sweet, I have to say this X-men one... that harkens back to the early 90's look... is my favorite.

Like others, I really like the XMEN uni. The white pants reminds of early 90s, and the top is new and fresh.

To uni fans: On a practical note ($$$) what uniform could you put a new group in to save money? You know, back in the day the Crossmen worn Maytag repairmen unis with a few extras, and I think 2-7 did something similiar.

HERE IS MY CHALLENGE: Make a uni out of existing pieces (boy scout, military, work clothes, hats off the rack etc) Could you make a uniform that looks good for less than $50 a person? I'm thinking some vintage military dress uniforms would work quite nicely!

Edited by jonnyboy

Go with the Fantasy and Fancier versions of the Cavies and Phantom

The Fancier Blue Devil design would be a hard sell depending on the music

Actually I think madison might be my favorite. While I like the current fleur-de-lis, yours looks great, and sooo Madison. I'm gonna agree with Gentleman Marcher on the Scouts one.

Now I liked the Madison look but it isn't much different from the 1986-2002 look? Which I am very happy with.

What about Blue Stars? I'm not sure where I would go with them. I think they need a splash a red (other than the plume) on that uniform. When the Drum Line had the white sash with red trim...I like that. Maybe bring the Cummerbunds back.

Just a thought.

This is the best thread and most creative work I have seen on this forum in some time. Kudos!

Now, for my favorites (based on new ideas):

1. Southwind--love the darker and not typical color scheme. It is visually beautiful.

2. Crossmen--return to early 90s, yesssssssssssss. Great theme here.

3. Glassmen--this may be my favorite.

4. Esperanza--dark!

Runners up (based on current ideas):

1. Cavaliers

2. Madison

3. Phantom

Ideas:

1. How about a VK one? Airwalk shoes as opposed to Converse? This ought to be easy.

2. How about Star revisited? Try 1990-1991 as a base and go from there.

3. Incorporate dots into the Blue Knights outfit. I understand where you were going, but I am preferable to the dots. Also, how hard is it to encorporate a knight or a horse into a uniform?

4. With Blue Devils, bring back the billowy ascot and chains--old school, but with a twist.

Wanna see a "trippy" uniform? Try Limited Edition, circa 1990-1992. Oh my goodness, that Frankenstein of a uniform was put together using parts from three uniforms! Anybody have a pic on that one?

A uniform that was way ahead of its time? Belleville Black Knights in the late 60s, early 70s. Those guys were stylistically wearing some great stuff. No kidding.

Man, this thread rocks. Euphguy, your rock :blink:

Elmo Blatch

It seems that every season, a couple of the division 1 corps undergo a uniform change – some of these changes are more drastic than others, while others tend to be simple or subtle in nature. As a corps member, avid fan, and artist/designer, I thought it might be fun to essentially “re-design” the uniforms of division 1 corps. The idea originally involved only the top 12 corps, and gradually expanded to all competing division 1 units. I have completed a redesign for every division 1 unit that competed in 2005, minus the Troopers. I have not completed a Blue Stars redesign yet, but might if they remain D1 next season. I guess it might be hard to redesign uniforms as traditional as those two units anyways.

Now, I’m not making any claims about the future appearances of these corps – I do not claim to have any professional ties with any of the corps, any uniform company or anything like that… this was a project I did for FUN. So, before you check out the link below, remember that these are just proposed uniform designs.

The site can be difficult to navigate – just click on the little tan button that says “gallery” and you should see thumbnails of my designs. Click on the thumbnail image for a larger view with comments:

See my UNIFORM DESIGNS!

Frankly, I would be surprised if any corps actually took up any of my designs. I try to keep a corps tradition, repertoire, and geography in mind when designing. I also have made decisions based on the corps visual performances over the last five years. Some of the designs are simple updates of their traditional look, while others have been given radical makeovers.

I’m currently working on a series of “ultra-fantasy” uniforms for some corps – uniforms that, while impractical and probably too far-fetched, simply look cool on paper. After this, I plan to create a line of “retro” or “throwback” uniforms for each corps.

Anyhow, hope you take the time to browse and enjoy!

-TGB

Hope the link works... :)

Guard uniforms would be impossible to speculate on. They DEFINATELY change every year no matter what the corps.

Crazy impractical uni-from-another-planet designs will be up probably next week... I'm noly doing a few select corps that I have a "vision" for... Regiment, Devs, and Cavies, to name a few... let me know if you want to see a trippy uni for a particular corps... I'll do my best. :)

-TGB

The Cavs need a BIG FAT WHITE BELT with a large BLACK BUCKLE. That would do it it for em'. It would provide just the right amount of additional color contrast without detracting from the uniform style. JMO.

Ok... how's this? "FUTURISTIC" CAVALIER

Now that's just kick butt!! has that Star Trek feel to it... very nice...

Edited by xXDSFLXx