Averaging Scores

With DCI now using the weekly average of scores to determine seedings, who gets to perform at Cooksville, and etc...

What would you think about using averages during the championships? In other words, the final placement would be the average of quarters, semis, and finals night.

I personally like it for one reason...it takes out, to some degree, letting one judge or one panel determine the final placement. Let's face it, the rankings ARE determined as much by WHO is judging as by how the corps performs. (Within reason of course.)

It makes you wonder how many championships that were determined by a few tenths (or less) might have been different IF THERE HAD BEEN A COUPLE OF CHANGES ON THE PANEL.

Any thoughts?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER.

:)

Agreed. The championship should be awarded to whoever is best on finals night, and finals night only.

Agreed. The championship should be awarded to whoever is best on finals night, and finals night only.

AGREED!

What I'd like to see is getting rid of the "last year's champ goes on last" rule at quarterfinals. It doesn't make much sense, it's like the defending world series champ in baseball getting home field advantage throughout the playoffs, even if they don't MAKE the playoffs.

What I'd like to see is getting rid of the "last year's champ goes on last" rule at quarterfinals. It doesn't make much sense, it's like the defending world series champ in baseball getting home field advantage throughout the playoffs, even if they don't MAKE the playoffs.

Since when has this been a rule? Maybe I'm mistaken, but didn't The Cadets go last at quarters last year? I was in the theaters and clearly remember them being last.