Lookin for a corps in 2007

Westshore alumni. 3 rehearsals, a show and we sleep in on weekend in the summer :P

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is my first year with the Caballeros, and having never marched drum corps or marching band previously I'm having a ton of fun there. The show is challenging for me and apparantly for everyone, and the athmosphere is great and was welcmming to rookies in November. Come check us out this season somewhere.

-Chas, 2006 Caballero baritone

If you really can go anywhere, just go to http://www.dcacorps.org and find a show to go to and go asap. Then, ultimately go to finals in Rochester this next Labor Day weekend and check it all out and see what you like.

If you have the passion and desire, there is a place for you somewhere and we will be happy to have your involvement.

:rock:

That's about the best advice you'll get. Buy your tickets and head to Rochester. Make sure you check out I&E and Prelims, though, not just Finals. There's some great corps that you'd miss by going to just Finals.

Oh, and of course, you could click here and move to the Minneapolis area...

I thoroughly agree with these posts. I live in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area, and have been wanting to join an all age corps for a while. On this website, I met the Director of Chops. I will be playing with their frontline percussion for the remainder of this season. I have met many of the Minnesota Brass directors and staff as well and will be attending some of their practices to see what the different styles are. (I would be remiss to mention we also have the Govenaires!)

I thoroughly agree with these posts. I live in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area, and have been wanting to join an all age corps for a while. On this website, I met the Director of Chops. I will be playing with their frontline percussion for the remainder of this season. I have met many of the Minnesota Brass directors and staff as well and will be attending some of their practices to see what the different styles are. (I would be remiss to mention we also have the Govenaires!)

When you get off of tour you should come and check out some of our rehearsals before then end of this season. I think that if you march MBI you will find the right balance point between playing in a great percussion program and having a life. We have been among the best DCA drumlines in the past ten years and this year will be no exception, plus we have a lot of fun too.

Edited by MidwestGiant

I will be playing with their frontline percussion for the remainder of this season.

OK - curiosity question - how many DCA corps are still taking "last minute" members at this point in the season and in what positions?