Wichita KS scores

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in Wichita, KS tonight. There was some sort of band thing at Wichita State University's Cessna Stadium tonight. Lots of funny looking tanned kids and smelly diesel buses. :P

Seriously, it was the usual hot, dry, and windy night for the Drums Across Kansas show. The stands were pretty full (est. 6000-7000), but the sound was really messed up by the strong south wind. You could barely hear the announcer as the wind was blowing the sound away from the stands, and the corps all sounded muted compared to the Enid show last night, where the field was alot closer to the stands and the wind was blowing the sound straight into the south-facing stands.

Oh, I see what's going on here. You've confused the two. There were shows in both Wichita Falls, TX and Wichita, KS tonight. The similar names must've thrown you. Understandable, but inexcusable.

So what you're saying is, there are not only two places with Wichita in their names, but two drum corps shows happening at those two places on the same night?

What's next?

Dogs and cats, living together... mass hysteria!

Hey now I do believe there was a show in Wichita KS, along with the show in Wichita Falls TX. :P But seriously, Cap Reg is closing that gap quite nicely on the Blue Stars. :D

Yes, only .25 behind overall and devestated people in drums. less than one point behind the cadets in drums. let me say that again...

LESS THAN ONE POINT BEHIND CADETS IN DRUMS!!!!!1

Yes, only .25 behind overall and devestated people in drums. less than one point behind the cadets in drums. let me say that again...

LESS THAN ONE POINT BEHIND CADETS IN DRUMS!!!!!1

Neither the Cadets or CR were at the Wichita Falls show! What are you talking about?

It's almost like there was another show in a different state tonight or something

By the way that puts them in 9th place in drums, thank you very much. A mere .1 behind Vanguard.

I was in Wichita, KS last night. There was some sort of band thing at Wichita State University's Cessna Stadium tonight. Lots of funny looking tanned kids and smelly diesel buses. :P

Seriously, it was the usual hot, dry, and windy night for the Drums Across Kansas show. The stands were pretty full (est. 6000-7000), but the sound was really messed up by the strong south wind. You could barely hear the announcer as the wind was blowing the sound away from the stands, and the corps all sounded muted compared to the Enid show last night, where the field was alot closer to the stands and the wind was blowing the sound straight into the south-facing stands.

Sound: I only saw the 1st 3 Corps and thought the sound was ok. I noticed Pioneer's drums projected well as I was sitting near the press box. I also noticed Blue Stars had a really clean looking show. Really tight performance.

Edited by Kansan

I wish I'd been in here last night, I would've asked folks to take it easy on poor Brandon, since my Reds took one from his beloved Astros and the Rocket in their house last night. . . :P

Wasn't the best night for our good friend geluf, except CapReg is coming up! :)