Wichita KS scores

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way Brandon, did you know there were two shows tonight and one was in Wichita, KS? :blink:

I see Rich Kemp was back judging guards last night - results were "interesting"

Ah, yes....interesting.

San Antonio saw The Cadets .3 over Regiment in Guard.

Enid, OK saw The Cadets .2 over Regiment in Guard.

Last night we see Regiment .2 over Cadets in Guard.

Yeah, I see what you mean, George.....the results were certainly interesting.

If by "interesting" you mean "not at all out of the norm, it's just that I am so convinced this is the best drum corps in the land this year, and I still can't understand why they are not being scored champions in every category every night."

:P

By the way...I missed your post complaining about Rich Kemp when he had The Cadets in first place at the Enid show. You DO realise he was the judge that night, right?

So, I guess on that night he was right. But last night, it was "interesting."

George, you have become very very...

"Interesting."

Hey man,

Not sure if you realize this, but there were actually TWO shows with the name "Witchita" tonight. Just an FYI. Peace.

Yeah, I was going to mention that myself, but I see you beat me to it!

However, to reiterate: two shows, Wichita, Wichita Falls.

I see Rich Kemp was back judging guards last night - results were "interesting"

What was so interesting about the results? Other than the fact that Cadets didn't win? I assume you were at the show, so you can offer commentary on why these results were "interesting", right?

What was so interesting about the results? Other than the fact that Cadets didn't win? I assume you were at the show, so you can offer commentary on why these results were "interesting", right?

I wonder if the results were "interesting" the previous show where Rich Kemp also judged guard...and awarded a two-tenths victory that night.

I looked around, and didn't find any posts by George to that effect, therefore:

When Cadets beats Regiment in guard: All is well with the world, the birds are singing, and the sun is shining.

When Regiment beats Cadets in guard: "Interesting."

The funny thing is that it's not at all out of the ordinary. Since July 9th, Regiment has been within 9 tenths from Cadets in guard. In the last four shows, they've been within 3 tenths...so what exactly is so "interesting" about Regiment perhaps having a good night and Cadets maybe having an off-night?

It's really quite interesting to see the trend in guard:

http://www.bknights.org/scores/head2head.a...mp;SubmitBtn=GO

The Cadets' spread looks an awful lot like a bell curve...it seems to me that The Cadets started out somewhat dirty, then cleaned up and whupped up on everyone...while Regiment was still awfully dirty (and from what I hear, they were also hampered by bad staging, which I have been told has been fixed). Now, they seem to have peaked a tad. I'm not saying Regiment deserves to beat them over and over again...in fact, with their history, I would not be surprised to see Cadets' guard in the top three again...but if a world-class corps can't beat another world-class corps in one caption here and there, then for crying out loud, what is the point?

I'm going to guess that Rich Kemp won't be getting a Christmas card from George this year.

I wonder if the results were "interesting" the previous show where Rich Kemp also judged guard...and awarded a two-tenths victory that night.

I looked around, and didn't find any posts by George to that effect, therefore:

When Cadets beats Regiment in guard: All is well with the world, the birds are singing, and the sun is shining.

When Regiment beats Cadets in guard: "Interesting."

The funny thing is that it's not at all out of the ordinary. Since July 9th, Regiment has been within 9 tenths from Cadets in guard. In the last four shows, they've been within 3 tenths...so what exactly is so "interesting" about Regiment perhaps having a good night and Cadets maybe having an off-night?

It's really quite interesting to see the trend in guard:

http://www.bknights.org/scores/head2head.a...mp;SubmitBtn=GO

The Cadets' spread looks an awful lot like a bell curve...it seems to me that The Cadets started out somewhat dirty, then cleaned up and whupped up on everyone...while Regiment was still awfully dirty (and from what I hear, they were also hampered by bad staging, which I have been told has been fixed). Now, they seem to have peaked a tad. I'm not saying Regiment deserves to beat them over and over again...in fact, with their history, I would not be surprised to see Cadets' guard in the top three again...but if a world-class corps can't beat another world-class corps in one caption here and there, then for crying out loud, what is the point?

I'm going to guess that Rich Kemp won't be getting a Christmas card from George this year.

Gotta agree with everything you said there Nick. And I am glad to see that there is actually some movement in caption scores night to night. Too often, it seems the placements remain the same, despite variances in performance quality.

Cadets performance scores seemed to nosedive last night, but they only lost 0.1 total ground due to GE Vis shooting up, odd. Possibly due to the changes people are saying they've made to the opener? (and elsewhere?) Wonder what the changes are specifically...