1992 BD Drum Major...

Blue Devils 1992 is quite possibly the most underrated, least-mentioned show ever. Anyone who doesn't think the 2 minutes and 11 seconds of drum corps bliss that is "When a Man Loves a Woman" is not the most amazing thing ever, has no right to be a fan.

I personally dont care for it at all.

~G~

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

~G~

Oh you have no soul then.

You have no right to be a fan.

Neither do I, apparently, because I don't perceive it as the most amazing thing ever. The line between fan and not-fan is clearly and conveniently demarcated by two-plus minutes of one corps's ballad from 12 years ago. What, you like '86 BD and '95 Scouts and '03 Phantom and '00 Cavies and '87 Garfield and '99 SCV but don't especially care for BD's closer in '92? I've known fans, and I've worked with fans, and you, sir, are no fan.

Oh you have no soul then.

b**bs right ?? Loved the show, loved the brass, loved..LOVED the guard, loved the opener, loved the dice <I even have one of them in my house, an actual one from the field that night> Oh, did I say I loved the guard ?? 1992 Best guard, babiee !!! but..Ijust didnt get into "When a man..." in any way from any standpoint, except the brass volume !!

~G~

You have no right to be a fan.

Neither do I, apparently, because I don't perceive it as the most amazing thing ever. The line between fan and not-fan is clearly and conveniently demarcated by two-plus minutes of one corps's ballad from 12 years ago. What, you like '86 BD and '95 Scouts and '03 Phantom and '00 Cavies and '87 Garfield and '99 SCV but don't especially care for BD's closer in '92? I've known fans, and I've worked with fans, and you, sir, are no fan.

How funny. Too many people make things out to be black and white.

~G~

Hey, as long as you're watching wacky '92 drum majors, check out Freelancers. Chad was... a character. Actually, '90 has a lot of classic Chad, but I don't expect you to have a DVD of the 14th place corps from 1990.

But if you have '91....

Chad was definately a showman.......from what I can tell....

Triple Forte

Oh, that was no mere appearance....

On the audio recording for our '91 show, you can hear someone shout "Alright!" right after the opener ends. That wasn't someone in the audience. That was Chad.

Thanks for pointing this out. I always thought the Alright shout was from a staff member....you know how they can be....

Triple Forte