Update: Cavies New Ending

asi have already stated....i wasnt talking specifically about any one corps with that comment. im just saying lets not call the cavs the winners before EVERYBODY finishes their product. thats all i said. never attacked cavs show. never said bds show was better never said any of that....

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually I reedited the post, I didn't mean your post it was someone elses but I had forgotten who until I went back and checked. I really don't count out the Blue Devils, it is going to be a close one this year no matter who puts on a new ending. I very rarely say anything bad about other corps. I guess I am being evil tonight. I totally agree with you on your points. I also totally agree about the endings. Who knows what the judges are going to like from one night to the next, correct? There may be someone else lurking out there who may come in and upset both of them. Has been known to happen.

Ah yes, your post in response to bdkappasig makes more sense since he was getting a bit defensive about nobody talking about BD in a Cavies thread.

I'm just glad nobody has found an opportunity to somehow turn this thread into a negative Cadets thread :P

When it ends, you just want to jump up and punch whatever is in front of you!!!

I hope there aren't any old ladies in front of me. :P

Ah yes, your post in response to bdkappasig makes more sense since he was getting a bit defensive about nobody talking about BD in a Cavies thread.

I'm just glad nobody has found an opportunity to somehow turn this thread into a negative Cadets thread :P

Me too, I don't like negative anything but couldn't resist for some reason. I like the Cadets, not too crazy about all the pink tables, but they do a good job and the music is nice. My son's friends march (one is the drum major) in cadets. Actually one of them has a twin brother in the Cavaliers. IDENTICAL TWIN!!!

Yeah, I remember Chris (drum major) talking about some guys from LSU that marched Cavies, and I also heard about one of the rookies having a twin in Cavies. I just want to see a picture of them both in uniform.

Cue Twightlight Zone music.

Yeah, I remember Chris (drum major) talking about some guys from LSU that marched Cavies, and I also heard about one of the rookies having a twin in Cavies. I just want to see a picture of them both in uniform.

Cue Twightlight Zone music.

Hope we can get that in Atlanta, if so I can send it to you. My son is in the pit (1st one on the far left) he ages out this year after 3 years. Ryan Fisk was from LSU he is a baritone and a 2nd year age out , his twin brother Travis plays trumpet in the Cadets and is a rook out. Another LSU guy names Justin is in the Cavies as well. If you talk to Chris, tell him Jeremy Logan said hi (my son). Another LSU member marches in Blue Stars, Becky Stevenson (my son's girlfriend). So LSU is well represented this year in DCI. Emily Tannert who writes for DCI spent last year at LSU.

asi have already stated....i wasnt talking specifically about any one corps with that comment. im just saying lets not call the cavs the winners before EVERYBODY finishes their product. thats all i said. never attacked cavs show. never said bds show was better never said any of that....

Agreed! Like I said before, we all have our likes and dislikes, and it is a free country to express them but the judges have the final say. You are most defintely entitled to your opinion. Good luck to all in the Finals regardless of your new endings or not.

It was a beautiful evening last night on the campus of Murray State University, as I and several hundred others watched as the Cavaliers diligently worked on the changes to the closer. There were some amazing things going on, but at the same time there were several "breakdown" moments for the guys in which they had to pull things together and "do the #### thing". These guys are so incredibly disciplined and always rehearse at top level. That being said, I don't see them losing at finals this year, PERIOD! I'm a long time BD fan, and adore their show this year, but it's no match for MACHINE, especially now! The new ending, slated for Atlanta on Saturday evening, is quite possibly the most magnificent closing minute to any drum corps show in history. When it ends, you just want to jump up and punch whatever is in front of you!!! So, here we go, into the last couple of weeks of 06, and for the MACHINE, it's full steam ahead!

Can someone say OVERHYPE! Hype is great... but this seems like too much hype, makes you wonder... hmmmmm :rolleyes:

Can someone say OVERHYPE! Hype is great... but this seems like too much hype, makes you wonder... hmmmmm :rolleyes:

Just one question... and a general one at that..

If the Cavaliers and Regiment were in each others' places right now and someone came on to "hype" (or report excitedly about something he'd just seen, you take your pick) Regiment, would you say the same thing? Or is it just a comment reserved for "corps not named Regiment" this year?

Seriously.. I'm curious.

but werent they already beaten this year? so that means they are unstoppable. just like any other corps on the field. lol

uh, did you mean to ssy, "so that means they are Stoppable?" to say that they ARE UNstoppable means they CAN be stopped.

I'm confused, it's late.