MY rule change proposition

you have the choice to leave this country and avoid the draft. im guessing youll never be joining the military.. and its peoples mentality like yours is one of the reasons why we SHOULD have a draft.

Ok... now its getting out of hand... I was in the marines. I was in Kosovo and Iraq. I saw many things that YOU probably have never seen and will NEVER see. Yes I am referring to CIRE. We are ALL equal here and I thought this is a Drum Corps website!? So dont you be judging people or putting them down because you think youre better than everyone, cuz youre not. We are all the same here. Yes I did my time and I am proud to have been a United States Marine, but I am not going to run my mouth off and say things like that. I am happy I have done both, military and drum corps.

Take your negativeness elsewhere buddy.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

apparently. he thinks that just because i post crap on a forum, that what i did in the military did not contribute to this country at all.

in fact.. if he (anyone for that matter) said that to my face, i would knock them out and beat the **** out of them.... especially coming from someone who would never have the balls to even join.

Try me buddy...

I am glad that the military is around to protect the rights of people to say stupid things.

Agreed.

I haven't been to combat yet or anything so I'm not on a high horse, but I'll be deploying to Iraq in April. I'm not saying that our missles aren't our post important defensive asset (they are), but while the missles sit in their silos the infantry is out there getting shot, killed, blown up, etc. Everyone's entitled to their opinion though, and you're right, I suppose this isn't really the forum to discuss this issue. Many veterans would be offended by what you said though.

If this thread (one person inparticular) is any indication of how people act these days when the come out of the military I'm proud to have NOT served my country. Here I thought people GREW UP while they were in the military, I think some people got more immature, or I'd hate to see them BEFORE they enlisted.

I also find the quote at the bottom of cires profile about opinions not being allowed extremely hypocritical after this thread, but then I haven't served, so my opinion doesn't count anyway.

PS - My statements are not aimed towards the people who have served and aren't on a high horse because of it, just the vocal ones in this thread who are acting like #####

i post crap on a forum

You took the words right out of my mouth :P

in fact.. if he (anyone for that matter) said that to my face, i would knock them out and beat the **** out of them.... especially coming from someone who would never have the balls to even join.

And you would subsequently go to jail for doing so.

Also, so now people that don't join the military don't have the balls to do so?

I am glad that the military is around to protect the rights of people to say stupid things.

Sorry buddy... but the military has evolved long past actual soldiers being what is protecting the US from threat of foreign invasion.

Were that the case, the country would have been quite an easy target for China, whose military is several times the size of America's.

America has no threat of foreign invasion because of a massive stockpile of nukes. Period.

The military doesn't protect the rights of US citizens to say anything at all... it is the Constitution that does this. Ironically, the only thing that is currently threatening the rights of citizens in America is the recent overextention of powers of the executive branch of the federal government (let's hope that 'checks and balances' thing doesn't break down).

Again, the US military no longer protects America, but simply serves as the execution arm of US foreign policy... and even if the entire military wasn't anything more than a group of 20 guys (enough to get those missles launched), there still would be zero threat of foreign invasion.

Edited by danielray

Sorry buddy... but the military has evolved long past actual soldiers being what is protecting the US from threat of foreign invasion.

Were that the case, the country would have been quite an easy target for China, whose military is several times the size of America's.

America has no threat of foreign invasion because of a massive stockpile of nukes. Period.

The military doesn't protect the rights of US citizens to say anything at all... it is the Constitution that does this. Ironically, the only thing that is currently threatening the rights of citizens in America is the recent overextention of powers of the executive branch of the federal government (let's hope that 'checks and balances' thing doesn't break down).

Again, the US military no longer protects America, but simply serves as the execution arm of US foreign policy... and even if the entire military wasn't anything more than a group of 20 guys (enough to get those missles launched), there still would be zero threat of foreign invasion.

Wow. I usually try to avoid personal attacks... but you sir, are an idiot.

Well, that and a couple of pretty big oceans...

Age limit raised up to 25 (26 to follow the extra year policy), for ex-active duty military members only

All guidelines below must be met:

1.) The member has marched in a complete season (of that corps schedule since not all corps march a complete season), and LEFT to boot camp before the next season has started. The age limit rule will not apply to members who marched a season, took a season off and then joined the military.

2.) The member has left to boot camp during that current season, and was not able to march the remainder of that season. The member must have been accepted into the corps, and not in a audition/trial status.

3.) The member can only be eligible if they did NOT receive an other than honorable, or dishonorable discharge. Copies of the members DD-214 must be given to DCI and the corps to prove discharge status.

4.) The member can only march UP to their 25th birthday, but only the amount that they actively served in the military. If a member served four years of age 18, 19, 20, 21, they will be able to march their 4 years up to the age of 25. If those 4 years go over 25, they will only be eligible to march until 25. If that same member joined the military at 20, and got out at 24, they will only be eligible to march 1 year.

5.) The member may not transfer their status to another marching member for any reason, including death or extended enlistements or deployments.

6.) Regular auditions will still be required for military members wishing to march.

This rule change will allow current marching members to serve their country for 4 years without missing their chance to "age out"

Where was this rule when I was coming out of the army after 6 years of service at the age of 25? I also had some killer chops at the time!

A few years late and thousands of dollars short :P

I'm for it!