MY rule change proposition

I like the age limit rule as it stands. I don't think raising the limit to 25 for military service is necessary, those who join drum corps do so on their own. The military is full of volunteers. In life we make decisions, that is part of the beauty of it all.

When I was 19 I came REALLY close to joining the Army. I had to make a decision, so I decided to finish my marching career and age out at 21. That was tough, but I did it. I ended up working while marching, and then getting myself into college at 23. That is just the way it worked out for me. No regrets, no complaints. I was an adult and made my decisions.

When I was 18 and a rookie in corps, two drumline vets called the caption head and said they joined the Navy. Both were under 21, and one of them actually got 3rd in snare the previous year and was the drumline captain. I could not comprehend why they gave up corps, but that was the decision they made.

My point is, you can't have regrets. Anyone decidied to miss corps for school , a job or the military knows what they are doing. The fact the some regret the choice years later can't be helped. I wonder where I would be if I went back to the Army after aging out, but my life had changed and I didn't.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure how the military talk got involved with the original question, because frankly I didn't read every thread because of the anger.

Bottom line. Age limit is fine where it is. No valid reason to change it.

Not sure how the military talk got involved with the original question, because frankly I didn't read every thread because of the anger.

The original question was all about the military; the anger came in when some unwashed hippy liberals people disagreed.

The original question was all about the military; the anger came in when some unwashed hippy liberals people disagreed.

Aren't blanket statements fun? Wheeeeeee.....

(DCP would be even better with an "Ignore this Thread" option...I know we can do it on our own, but...still...)

Aren't blanket statements fun? Wheeeeeee.....

They are when they're ironic.

That's kind of what I was referring to... :P

Just making sure. I wouldn't want to be thought of as a clean, well-invested conservative.