wierdest shows of all time?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Crown's 2001 show Industry left me scratching my head when I first saw it, but after listenning to it more, I have really come to enjoy it.

Definitely. That's one of my mom's favorite shows. She talks about it to this day. "Who was the group who built that wooden thing on the field? Remember that? That was cool!"

I definitely thought Blue Devils 1991 show was wierd.

Not the Nuttcracker (SCV 95) is up there too.

Edited by shostahoosier

95 BD - Carpe Nocturne - dancing to skulls, convulsing color guard, make-up straight from a horror flick

01 Crown - Industry - wood monstrosity, rolling tires around, and metal sheets. It took me years of therapy to get over this show.

88 Suncoast Sound - Symphonic Dances for the Contemporary Child - weird, but absolutely loved it the first time I saw it.

93 Star - Medea - see comments for 88 Suncoast, squared

98 Patriots - Pieces of Glass - a WGI type show on a football field - I STILL have not idea what the heck was going on

05 BD - Dance Derby of the Century - perhaps I need to drink a couple of gallons of Red Bull to understand who would have thought this show was a good idea

94 Cavaliers - Rituals - charming ropes (er, snakes), a crusifiction, and an assent up a long wooden pole - truly bizarre (but I still like it)

95 Magic - Danse Animale - star fish, zebras, and birds on a football field - very strange (but another one that I kinda like)

95 SCV - Not the Nutcracker - music was spectacular, but the visual :rock: , I'm getting sleepy. Must relax, must relax

Anyone else notice that 95 was full of a lot of weirdness? Maybe that's one of the reasons why the crowd just about caused structural damage to teh stadium when Madison took the field. We NEEDED a show like that!

BK 2002!