wierdest shows of all time?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah Bart...it wasn't a bad concept...just needed a hornline, a guard, and some drill. The horn line worked very hard that year, along with the guard.....It was just a tough year as we got sick in PA for about a week with no show...

Edited by jsualumnus

Show everyone seemed to hate and think was weird that I just LOVED

SCV 95

I can say this because I marched it....89 Spirit, Innerstellar Suite....

great drumline,......

Huge drumline too. What was it? 10 snares, 9 basses, 4 tenors, and 5 cymbals?

Bridgemen's 'Christmas in July'...don't remember the year, but it was weird, even for the Bridgemen, who could really sell a lot of cr*p on the field.

this was 1985 after the corps had almost folded in the winter and lost most of their staff and members to star. If this show had been done with the full up talent of the bridgemen staff and members I think it would have been pretty cool.

this was 1985 after the corps had almost folded in the winter and lost most of their staff and members to star. If this show had been done with the full up talent of the bridgemen staff and members I think it would have been pretty cool.

I just remember it being a really sad spectacle.... :(

I popped in my 91 CD today and I found myself loving the Blue Devils from that year. I kept thinking how really strange the music was even way back when I heard it, for the first time (at the time not very BD like) but loved it then and now none-the-less. So that brings me to the point of this post what do you think the top 5 all time wierdest shows are? Mine are as follows:

5. BD 91- Creepy music and yet it is fun to listen to.

4. Star 93- My absolute favorite show of all time but the music definantly made us all go hmmm the first time we heard it.

3.Blue Knights 93- Man I can't wrag on my home team but the long capes and the Star Trek show made for a wierd vibe.

2. Crown- Medusa 02? Lightning bolts and all sorts of wierd stuff was going on here. Very odd.

1. Cadets 06- Odd things going on, but give them their props (no pun intended) for trying.

So what's your top 5 strange shows?

Wesley Perkins

BK '97 '98

It was 1988 or 1991 that (eek...I can't remember) L'insolite or Les Esclipses played on the giant steel pipe in the front ensemble. Can't say it's the weirdest show, but something I remember passing on the way in the stadium thinking "What in the world is THAT!?!"

And Suncoast 88 is one of my Favorite drum corps memories, especially hearing them play the reprise theme marching out of retreat. Awesome.