Is top 12 a Done Deal?

Colts horns have been beating Spirit head to head for a number of shows now. Without seeing recaps, I would assume it's the drumline.

Yesterday's recaps show Spirit on top in every caption, except Visual Ensemble, and that was only .1 point difference.

Interestingly, Spirit's evening overall score was even higher than the Colts afternoon score.

After yesterday, seeing the scores, it's looking like the top 12 is pretty much set. Of course, wheels can fall off of any corps, but with only ten days to go, you would assume this wouldn't happen unless there was some huge crisis within the organizations.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, the Top 12 is a done deal.

Yesterday's recaps show Spirit on top in every caption, except Visual Ensemble, and that was only .1 point difference.

Interestingly, Spirit's evening overall score was even higher than the Colts afternoon score.

After yesterday, seeing the scores, it's looking like the top 12 is pretty much set. Of course, wheels can fall off of any corps, but with only ten days to go, you would assume this wouldn't happen unless there was some huge crisis within the organizations.

Agree, judges seemed to seperate the same 12 yesterday. Interesting in the day show Spirit and Glassman had overall tie in the Music Block at 25.525....Spirits drill is clean but just doesn't have enough (has to many park and barks). Which is why they probably can't catch Glassmen in general effect Visual......

I think it is.

The real fight for the next 2 weeks will be for 17th

Yes. Absolutely. The top 12 has been decided for a long time now, if one looks at the scores. For instance, there has been a lot of movement between Corps currently ranked 6-11, with point spread differences of 3-4 points within hours, not days or weeks of one another. Not so for the 12th position. Since the start of the competitive season, Spirit has maintained a 2.5-3.5 point differential from any other 12th place contender starting with scores in the high 60's back at the end of June......... so yes, we absolutely have the top 12 Finalists determined. I don't see how there can be any disagreement on this issue.

Edited by X DM

Yes, the Top 12 is a done deal.

I agree, even though I would like to see Crossmen make it in, I just don't see it happening this year. Not that their show is bad, it's just too many other shows that are better. :(

There is still reason for hope. The beautiful thing about this season is that we still have 2 weeks left and Finals are not determined in July :)

There is still reason for hope. The beautiful thing about this season is that we still have 2 weeks left and Finals are not determined in July :)

Hope is a great thing, and occasionally overcomes circumstances.

Having been a fan of a corps that has been on the bubble for several years, I understand your enthusiasm. BUT, the way the numbers are looking, reality has to intrude at some point.

It's frustrating to sit in 13th and feel as though all you need is for the judges to UNDERSTAND for you to make the jump. But corps been far closer than almost three points at this time of the year, and not been able to do it.

The panels at the regionals are usually the "A" team players - those of the quality/experience that will judge finals. Yesterday's results aren't a fluke, and when combined with San Antonio, would seem to be a pretty good indicator of what to look for in the top 12 at Allentown and Madison.

Keep the faith, but keep a foot on the ground!

After watching the afternoon show live, i would have to say:

95% YES. (the 5% being whether the Colts can continue to work their effect coordination and try to make a run at this thing). They were a bit sloppy (perhaps overhyped?) and nothing seemed to click for them in their show like it did when i saw them in San Antonio (on live streaming).

As always....my 2 pennies.

Peace!

I think the top 12 are set.

However, some interesting battles are brewing or are already in place.

7th -- I believe Crown is going to achieve 6th this summer. Therefore, I see SCV and Blue Knights trading paint for 7th all the way up through finals. BAC could be in the picture, depending on any changes that take place in the closer.

Phantom, Cavies, and BD -- I really believe that Phantom has the vehicle to possibly make a run and win this thing. It is a shame that BD and Phantom can't go head to head in Allentown, because I believe there could be an upset in the making there. Can Phantom catch the title?? I think it is within their reach, but we shall see

Stranger things have happened in DCI; especially in the 70s.

Prelims

Crossmen were in 6th place with a score of 86.20 and by the next night in finals dropped to 9th with a score of 82.45 (could something like this happen today?)

and in 1979 the Troopers came out of nowhere to knocked Crossmen out of finals. The last time anyone heard from the Troopers is when they placed 14th with a score of 62.80 Saturday, July 14, 1979 at DCI Midwest Prelims. How the heck did that happen???!!