Is top 12 a Done Deal?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is still reason for hope. The beautiful thing about this season is that we still have 2 weeks left and Finals are not determined in July :)

Yes and most of those 2 weeks are practice days.......before Allentown, and before Madison.

Crossmen's score hasn't moved much since their first show, yet I know the kids are working their butts off. This must be really discouraging :( I would have thought that they could have broken 80 yesterday. Since their first show, their score has gone up about 9 points, while Colts have gone up 18. Obviously hard work alone isn't cutting it. Would the extra 2 weeks have helped?

The 3 point gap between Colts and Spirit is not legit, IMO. I would agree that Spirit is outperforming them... but by 3 points? Hardly. If anything I hope this spread shrinks A LOT going into Madison.

I was in Atlanta last night and I was a bit dumbfounded by some of the spreads. IMHO, Cavies should have beaten BD by 1/2 point, at least. Of course, crowd reaction does not equate to scores. And I've tried to sit back and enjoy shows rather than analyzing where corps should fall on the sheets. That said, BD spanked Cavies in percussion. But Cavies vis show was phenominal and the show concept perhaps the best I've ever seen.

I don't think we're in for a huge surprise in the top 12. Barring a huge improvement by Colts or Xmen, Spirit really deserves to be there.

Stranger things have happened in DCI; especially in the 70s.

Prelims

Crossmen were in 6th place with a score of 86.20 and by the next night in finals dropped to 9th with a score of 82.45 (could something like this happen today?)

Because of the current judging system, I don't see it happening. Back then if the guard had a bad night meaning lots of drops, it could cost the corps a place or two. Today drops do not count as a penalty.

Spirit horns and drums are way ahead of Colts right now. I hate it for BK, GMEN, Spirit and Colts, because they all seem to be stronger than last year, but they may not move at all placement wise. Tough for them, great for DCI.

Thats exactly true, and add Crossmen to that list. All corps are improved over last year based on what I saw yesterday. Colts ? one of my favorite shows ever from them and stronger on all counts than last year, however Spirit is presenting a show that would be like 9th - 11th in any other year. Its that good.

I dont see Colts catching Spirit.

Maybe a tie for 12 th ??

~G~

I think the top 12 are set.

However, some interesting battles are brewing or are already in place.

7th -- I believe Crown is going to achieve 6th this summer. Therefore, I see SCV and Blue Knights trading paint for 7th all the way up through finals. BAC could be in the picture, depending on any changes that take place in the closer.

The only reason I dont agree with this is that Crown vs SCV, Crown is pretty much at its full potential with the show presented lastnight. A great show, an awesome show, full of GE, marching and beautiful music and colorguard, but its pretty much at its ceiling if demand and execution. SCV, however, is full of dirt, full of unsure mometns and have a heck of a lot more room to go...should they achieve clarity, they will not only vhallenge and beat Crown, butmaybe even catch another corps ahead of them. All opinion, highly specualtive, and you never know.

~G~

Crossmen's score hasn't moved much since their first show, yet I know the kids are working their butts off. This must be really discouraging :( I would have thought that they could have broken 80 yesterday. Since their first show, their score has gone up about 9 points, while Colts have gone up 18. Obviously hard work alone isn't cutting it. Would the extra 2 weeks have helped?

Absolutely ! Trouble is, they are still dirty, and the show is not as "demanding" as their peers. Its quite difficult when that happens becuase you usualy cant start adding depth until the corps can master what they already have, and scores cant go up in the area of demand or performance if you cant grasp the material you have and then incorporate harder material, leaving the corps in virtual catch up mode, never gaining confidence and never mastering their show.

Its a good show, better than last year, but its lacking right now and time is running out.

~G~

Spirit is clearly better than the corps they are ahead. I was hoping for Crossmen or Colts to show some surge, but no. The placements in the top 12 at Atlanta are more than likely what you will see at finals.

~>conner