They're up.

1 Santa Clara Vanguard 88.600

2 Carolina Crown 87.550

3 Madison Scouts 86.000

4 Glassmen 84.800

5 Spirit from JSU 83.550

6 Colts 81.850

7 Mandarins 75.000

Nice little Madison jump back over Glassmen...Not that scores matter!

This is gonna be a tight bunch next weekend!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't count out the Colts just yet, still keeping the faith! Go Red Team :)

It is 2:54 AM - just got in from the Salmen show -- GREAT place for drum corp! The audience was really into it tonight.

HOWEVER, what a sad ending for the evening. I guess for the judges to recognize you deserve to win, you must have someone to completely fall down flat on their back, your colorguard to drop their flags, and above all -- you MUST have lines that are no where near straight, and your brass to sound just like that - brassy with no warmth to the tone. Then you win!

This was the case tonight in Salem! The only plus side to this was seeing the audience reaction when this travesty took place. The Crown buses were overrun with people exiting the arena yelling their support for them.

Let's hope in Wisconsin we at least have judges with eyes and ears!!!

HOWEVER, what a sad ending for the evening. I guess for the judges to recognize you deserve to win, you must have someone to completely fall down flat on their back, your colorguard to drop their flags, and above all -- you MUST have lines that are no where near straight, and your brass to sound just like that - brassy with no warmth to the tone. Then you win!

Exaggerate much?

After seeing Vanguard's show in Atlanta, I knew it was only a matter of time before they topped Crown, and I am a equally a fan of both corps. SCV will probably end up the lock for sixth place.

I was there too, thought the same thing, and wrote it in my review.

~G~

It is 2:54 AM - just got in from the Salmen show -- GREAT place for drum corp! The audience was really into it tonight.

This was the case tonight in Salem! The only plus side to this was seeing the audience reaction when this travesty took place. The Crown buses were overrun with people exiting the arena yelling their support for them.

troll

yeah, you're right. No one is allowed to make mistakes.

In fact, I think the rule on the SAT should be: You miss one question, you don't go to college.

Dude, I saw both Crown and SCV this weekend...I thought SCV should have won at THAT show... and I know for a fact that Crown doesn't have entirely straight lines either.

~>conner

Edited by PhantomR

I was at the Salem show last night, too. What a great night there. As said above, Crown had a marvelous show and with the polish and nuance of a mature corps. And it's true, SCV had a marcher to completely lose it and fall along with dropped flags. They were just ragged in places and lacked the overall finesse that Crown displayed. This is getting interesting. But Crown was a winner last night in every way. Hope they keep it up, they deserve 6th place this year at Finals.