Bi-week for the Blue Devils

Before everyone totally rips apart this topic I'd like to explain it a little. A "bye-week" is a week of no games (competitions)....like in football. The point I was trying to make was the fact that I think one or two days of rehearsal is very beneficial. You can add things and change your show a little bit and then go out and see what the fans and judges think of your changes. By taking an entire week off you're risking making changes that may not go over to well with the fans, and this close to finals that's a big risk. Many of you may not agree with this and that's your right...i'm just stating my thoughts.

Edited by cavaliers2287

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Before everyone totally rips apart this topic I'd like to explain it a little. A "bi-week" is a week of no games (competitions)....like in football. The point I was trying to make was the fact that I think one or two days of rehearsal is very beneficial. You can add things and change your show a little bit and then go out and see what the fans and judges think of your changes. By taking an entire week off you're risking making changes that may not go over to well with the fans, and this close to finals that's a big risk. Many of you may not agree with this and that's your right...i'm just stating my thoughts.

Well I doubt that they're going to make any drastic changes -- other than the kind that corps have been know to make as "final's surprises" which aren't previewed by fans anyway (hence the "surprise" B) ). Really, what will be accomplished during the "bye-week" (notice how I correct the mis-spelling without ridiculing the OP for not getting the subsequent jokes :) ), will be cleaning/cleaning/cleaning as well as working on areas that the judges have already specified as opportunites for improvement (as was mentioned earlier).

Will it hurt them? NOt likely

Will it help them? Maybe/Maybe not. Ask me again after Saturday night.

Edited by Liam

What you meant to say was a bye week.

Although having a bi week might also be kind of fun :lol:

I personally feel that they may still slip away and the two man race come finals day will be between Phantom Regiment and The Cavaliers.

I hope not.

And how exactly would they be able to accomplish that when they don't compete directly against the Cavaliers at Allentown??

:blink:

Shhh!! It's the Magic Same-Venue. Different-Night Rule!!! Because they're in the same venue.. even though it's different nights and the judging panels change, it's "the same show" -- just like being there!!

I can't believe I have to explain this to you! :blink:

:worthy:

Never underestimate BD. Never.

BDs Superior if not distracted by CRS's Missing Section as :blink:-

drumhumorTerrance