Blue Stars

Actually back then we used both french horns as well as mellophones.

We just had French and dropped them soon after we got mellos if I remember correctly - but that probably wasn't a standard thing. We weren't that good or that smart....

Edited by kusankusho

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Things look much better tonight. Nice jump in score for the Blue Stars in Allentown. Now home to Wisconsin where they should have just a little crowd support. :D

Things look much better tonight. Nice jump in score for the Blue Stars in Allentown. Now home to Wisconsin where they should have just a little crowd support. :D

They had a really good show tonight. They have had a few days of quality rehersal to clean the changes put in before Atlanta, and make a few additional changes to teh drill and music. The result was a much improved product. Their final run through was still a bit better than the performance tonight, so I know they have more in them. If they throw down like I know they can, it'll be interesting.

if they ditched the narration, this show could make a run at finals. it covers up some really nice music, and when the corps is backfield growing louder, the narrators all but shout

if they ditched the narration, this show could make a run at finals.

Sorry, but no. I'm not a fan of narration either, but there is nothing to support that conclusion.

Before narration = 2-3 point behind Colts

After narration = 2-3 points behind Colts

I would love to see Blue Stars in finals, but at no time this season has that been a realistic possibility, at least not with the way the judges slot the corps these days. I mean, how can those two corps be at exactly the same spread now as they were in June? I guess their progress over the season was exactly the same. Go figure. At least Blue Stars can say that they made as much progress over the season as every other corps in DCI. Not sure what that means or if it's possible, but that's judging for you.

PS

Gotta take a moment to give HUGE props to Chad Armbruster. This is a guy who right before the season was suddenly thrust into the position of being the new corps director. With all eyes upon the Blue Stars, perhaps as never before, he has admirably led the corps to a very respectable showing at a new level of competition. Go Chad.

Edited by MarimbasaurusRex

Watch out for them next year though.....

I saw the Stars last week in Atlanta - and loved their show. Many were puzzled as to why corps that they were ahead of by a few points were suddenly creeping in on them...I just watched their show from last night on season pass -

Love the music book - and the level of excellence that they are

acheiving in their performance.

Visually on the other hand....Can the members march? For sure! ( I saw this in Atlanta, the visual performance is not the problem.)

The visual design on the other hand is really selling these young adults short. Even the new drill learned recently is performed well - but the depth of the design and the demand placed on the performers is lacking.

Regardless, the Stars have made history this year...I can't wait to see how they fair in Madison.

Edited by arno0940

Definitely a great jump for them last night. This was my first viewing and I was really impressed. Great job Blue Stars... good luck in Madison.