When were you deflowered?

The first live drum & bugle corp competition I saw was in 1985. SCV pulled off their magic pants and BD did their stuff at a competition in Hayward, CA. I thought I had died and gone to heaven. A fan every since.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kenosha, WI 1973........late may and colder then h#ll by the lake. Blue Stars were the corps that turned ma on to DC. Off the line - Holst, South Rampart Street parade, Malaga. Later on that summer at DCi in Whitewater WI - SCV, Troopers, Argonne Rebels, Madison Scouts, Cavaliers, I had the bug and never let it go.

First show I saw was after my first show with Esperanza in 2003 at San Diego. I saw Blue Nights, Santa Clara, and Blue Devils that night.

Edited by Carlosvi7

Mine was in Lawrence, KS in 2001. Saw the Cavaliers' Four Corners and haven't looked back since!

I think it was Canadian Nationals 1969.

DCI finals 1977 in Denver. Two years later marched my last 4 years. Since then way too many DCI's and road trips, plane trips to any show I can get to. Was most impressed by SCV, 27 and Phantom that first show.

DCI finals 1977 in Denver. Two years later marched my last 4 years. Since then way too many DCI's and road trips, plane trips to any show I can get to. Was most impressed by SCV, 27 and Phantom that first show.

i marched that show with Blue Stars

My last show on the field

:(

My first live competition was the one I was competing in - 1986 with the Velvet Knights!

Saturday June 28, 1986

Cerritos CA

1 Blue Devils 79.100

2 Santa Clara Vanguard 78.300

3 Velvet Knights 66.300

4 Blue Knights 47.900

5 Valley Fever 39.100

6 Musketeers 31.000

7 Kingsmen 25.200

Before then it was only snippets of drum corps on video in marching band class in high school. All I can remember are Bridgemen doing a drum feature blindfolded, and the Cavaliers ('cause they were all-male, so I rubbed it in with my female classmates :blink:)

Edited by PeeWee