When were you deflowered?

1992 "exSIGHTment of Sound" in Houston, TX.

Saw the Cavaliers "Revolution!" show along with Phantom's "1812." What a great year! Turned me on to drum corps and got me searching for a way to take part in the activity (Bayou City Blues Sr.)! :)

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2004 Tour of Champions at the Rose Bowl. Can't say I remember a whole lot of it (wish I knew why <_< ), but I do remember BD, Cavies, and The Cadets' awesome instant encore. I almost marched before seeing that, going to PC's workshops and trying out, but I didn't make it (no hard feelings, it was my freshman year in HS; I had NO chance :) ).

June 23, 2005.

All-Age

1 CorpsVets, Sr. 52.500

Division I

1 The Cavaliers 79.950

2 The Cadets 78.650

3 Carolina Crown 71.300

4 Glassmen 70.350

5 Boston Crusaders 67.750

6 SPIRIT from JSU 66.950

I was pretty bummed Cadets didn't win. They freakin' blew me away...it was the best show I'd seen until a year from then, when I saw Phantom's show. b**bs

Edited by Hrothgar15

July 22, 1986 - Ogden, UT

1 Blue Devils 89.0

2 Santa Clara Vanguard 86.7

3 Suncoast Sound 84.3

4 Velvet Knights 73.4

5 Marauders 65.0

6 Valley Fever 45.2

Some guy invited my older sister to go to the show on a date. She really didn't like him so much, so said she couldn't go because she had to take care of her younger brother. He was persistent and just showed up with 3 tickets. They've been married for 17 years now. B)

Thanks Mike! :)

As an addendum to my original post, years before 1985, in the late '70's? I saw a PBS broadcast of DCI and saw some corp marching across the field playing "Georgia". OMG. I didn't know they showed the competitions every year so didn't know to look for it again. So I was "audibly & visually" deflowered seeing that, just didn't get physically deflowered at a live competiton until 1985. Just wanted to make sure everyone understands my sexual history. :-p

2000 Blue Devils in Indy. And it was good.

That was my first contest, too. Though I did also see the Blue Devils rehearse, and then perform their stage show later that night, in 1999. So Rhythms at the Edge of Time would be the first show I ever saw performed in front of me.

July 22, 1986 - Ogden, UT

1 Blue Devils 89.0

2 Santa Clara Vanguard 86.7

3 Suncoast Sound 84.3

4 Velvet Knights 73.4

5 Marauders 65.0

6 Valley Fever 45.2

I looked at this lineup and thought, "We always went to Ogden -- why aren't we on that list?" Then I realized what year it was. Oh. Right.

Tuesday August 9, 1977

Martin TN

Position Corps Score

1 Kilts 81.050

2 Garfield Cadets 79.700

3 Guardsmen 79.450

4 Crossmen 78.550

5 Capitol Aires 54.300

6 Sword Excalibur 50.800

I was a Junior in High School at the time when our HS band director took us.