Allentown - Saturday Scores

Hey... it's tradition... judges love screwing XCrossmen; they've been doing it for years. ..

They sure didn't when I marched. Bones got credit for everything. 93 I got, 94 I didn't.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.5 away from where they were 3 days ago? not that out of line. would you consider it out of line if they improved by .5?

Also, if you check the spread between them and BD, it has been increasing gradually, so the spread is nowhere near out of line.

Jumps of 0.5 are not that uncommon (ie Cadets from East Rutherford to Allentown), but a drop of 0.5 in a single caption I would consider out of line.

But then again - I'm biased. :)

"Jumps of 0.5 are not that uncommon (ie Cadets from East Rutherford to Allentown), but a drop of 0.5 in a single caption I would consider out of line."

Sorry for the bump, but my take on this is that drops will happen, jumps will happen, but the caption is box 5 or it isn't. The sheets are very specific. (for something judging art) The 17.9 to 18.0 barrier, while only a tenth, is supposed to be hard to cross.

"Jumps of 0.5 are not that uncommon (ie Cadets from East Rutherford to Allentown), but a drop of 0.5 in a single caption I would consider out of line."

Sorry for the bump, but my take on this is that drops will happen, jumps will happen, but the caption is box 5 or it isn't. The sheets are very specific. (for something judging art) The 17.9 to 18.0 barrier, while only a tenth, is supposed to be hard to cross.

Very true, but also remember that jugdes sample parts of their caption and assign numbers based on that. For example: During the percussion feature, the judge is looking at the weapons line near the front of the field and the same time some new and challenging flag work is taking place near the back. They miss the new, clean flag work....cause they were evaluating the weapons. The next time that judge went to 'sample' the silks, the work wasn't pefromed well and not near as complex. The same 'sampling' theory can work for any of the performance captions. Judges can only seen a few things or a hear a few at the same time...thats the reality.

Costanza...Cant-stand-ya

(Sorry, couldn't resist)

"Cartwright! Cartwright!"

are you back to going to junior corps shows? If so - I'm glad. :)

doubtful. too much #### ###### me off. if i have former students marching, i'll go for them

QUESTION: Was their ANY humor/comedy pursued at all on Sat. in the Allentown performances? The only instance of humor and comedy programming I saw was in the RADIO segment of Crossmen's show. And, regardless of Crossmen's score and placement, the audience (not all, of course, but most) seemed to really buy and enjoy the effective and entertaining aspect of it. People all around me on the 50 yd line nodded, smiled, laughed, and appreciated the Crossmen's entertainment value. Please tell me, were there any OTHER instances of humor/comedy that I missed? (Aside from the tongue-in-cheek humor of the horsehead silks in BDs show!).[/size]

Not sure why humor is all-of-a-sudden an indicator of anything.

However...the Cavies have lots of little bits of humor interspersed throughout their show.

Not sure why humor is all-of-a-sudden an indicator of anything.

Hey, whatever it takes to discredit contemporary drum corps.