Which Corps is the Fan Favorite?

Ten to fifteen years ago, Madison Scouts were always considered the "universal crowd favorite" or "sentimental favorite". Every year at Finals, Madison could count on the loudest ovation, no matter what their placement or the location of the Championships.

Who, if anybody, do you think holds that distinction now? Is it still Madison? Is it Cavaliers, the dominant corps of the 2000s? Is it Phantom?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt it's either Cavies or Phantom. Enough people dislike Cavies music and PR's visual to take them out of the question.

I don't think it's anybody really.

I would say it's SCV... even with the quality of last-year's product, they still got one of the biggest ovations of 2005. And...they are the only corps that has their own "Appreciation Society" for whatever that means. Yes, they were amazingly pleasing in 2004... I'm not saying they do not deserve the respect and admiration they get.... but year after year, they are always highly regarded.

No matter how well they are doing, my heart always beats faster when Madison or SCV take the field. My next favourite was always Crossmen, because they look so bad-@ss. :)

Edited by DrumCorpsMom

Hmmm........that question reminds me of the Bridgemen (the ultimate showmen of their time) when they did the "Civil War " routine. The North was winning until they went South - suddenly the Confederates were victorious! Of course the crowd went crazy! I guess it all depends on where you are and who you're preforming to. :)

I agree that for many years it has been Madison, up to last year, but I don't think this year it is the same. It seems as if Cavies and PR are getting a lot of crowd response whenever they come on the field. I have always been a Madison fan, and will always root for them, but I think Cavies and PRs show this year has changed many people's minds.

There is already a thread on this. It's a poll.

I think Phantom Regiment was #1, Santa Clara Vanguard was #2, and Cavaliers were #3. Madison Scouts were also up there, but not the Top 3.

Here are two polls:

The DCP Championship

The second poll I can't find anymore :worthy: It was "Vote for your bias" or something along those lines

Edited by PeeWee