Madison Scouts 2006

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't aware that there was a marching style called "miss nancies."

Yes, it's any kind of marching any corps does now.

(I'm guessing.)

MadContra99 is right on. And I will say this again...we are back in Madison, and there is still the possibility that the Madison Scouts will fall out of finals on home turf.

The so-called "redesign" is awful. Everything about it. There is not one part of the Madison Scouts that I recognize or enjoy. They are simply copy-cats. Drill, Music, Design, Guard, Pit, Uniforms, etc. They are one of the newest members of the borg-society. Their marching is wimpy. Remember the hip-ball changes that broke your grandmas hip just by watching them?? Why get rid of that, it made things cleaner and more crisp!

Think of all the good staff that left the organization. *Yes some left before 2003, but all of these people marched during the 70's, 80's, 90's and first few years of the 00's.* Staff that cannot be replaced (Just ask the other corps that have them now!) Bill Zeier (Blue Devils), Van Matthews (Blue Devils), Scott Chandler (BD), Todd Ryan (BD), Chris Harmon, Dave Koelz, Jaime Alvarez-Calderon (Cavies), Nick Williams (SCV), Jon Shipper, Matt Gregg, Aaron Bryan, etc.

Hopefully after Madison ends up in 10th or possibly 13th....Sal realizes what he has not done.

Rant over.

MadContra99 is right on. And I will say this again...we are back in Madison, and there is still the possibility that the Madison Scouts will fall out of finals on home turf.

The so-called "redesign" is awful. Everything about it. There is not one part of the Madison Scouts that I recognize or enjoy. They are simply copy-cats. Drill, Music, Design, Guard, Pit, Uniforms, etc. They are one of the newest members of the borg-society. Their marching is wimpy. Remember the hip-ball changes that broke your grandmas hip just by watching them?? Why get rid of that, it made things cleaner and more crisp!

Think of all the good staff that left the organization. *Yes some left before 2003, but all of these people marched during the 70's, 80's, 90's and first few years of the 00's.* Staff that cannot be replaced (Just ask the other corps that have them now!) Bill Zeier (Blue Devils), Van Matthews (Blue Devils), Scott Chandler (BD), Todd Ryan (BD), Chris Harmon, Dave Koelz, Jaime Alvarez-Calderon (Cavies), Nick Williams (SCV), Jon Shipper, Matt Gregg, Aaron Bryan, etc.

Hopefully after Madison ends up in 10th or possibly 13th....Sal realizes what he has not done.

Rant over.

Sorry, they will be 10th at lowest. Personally, I find a lot to enjoy about this years show. I think the choice of uniform was a mistake because of the contrast of the green and white, it shows a lot more dirt. I think they should have dark green jackets and black pants. I think the guard is bad this year, but it can't be as bad as 2002. I think the drill is a little insane and perhaps a little too much for them to handle, but it's not bad. There's so good design in there, and I quite like the music.

What you guys need to remember is that Cesario had his hand in some of the best drum corps shows in DCI history.

Michael Cesario and the Madison Scouts go together as much as Chocolate Fudge and Southern Comfort. The fact that the Madison Scouts fired Scott Stewart is a real sorry state of affairs for this fine Corps. I hardly recognized them on the field this year, sad to say. And Scott Stewart looks like a true prophet these days, now doesn't he ? He did predict that Madison would lose their identity ( and HUGE fan base ) if they went in this direction.

Edited by X DM

Michael Cesario and the Madison Scouts go together as much as Chocolate Fudge and Southern Comfort. The fact that the Madison Scouts fired Scott Stewart is a real sorry state of affairs for this fine Corps. I hardly recognized them on the field this year, sad to say. And Scott Stewart looks like a true prophet these days, now doesn't he ? He did predict that Madison would lose their identity ( and HUGE fan base ) if they went in this direction.

Looked like the Scouts were already loosing their identy and fan base those last few years as the corps was slipping into oblivion. At least some one picked up the ball and ran with it. So the corps is having an off year. Look at the last 3 before 2006, the corps had to get the talent to come back, fix their financial problems and right the ship. It takes time to get things steady again and I think the corps will be fine. EVERY corps has had their "what were we thinking when we designed that show" year. Give the members and the staff a break. Let them finish the summer and enjoy being a Madison Scout.

I chalk it up to several factors.

1. The guard is terrible. They are embarrasing. They are the same type of guard as 2002. Fire the guard staff, they're not working.

I thought the guard did a good job on portrayig the characters body-wise...they just can't spin very well..be it flag or other equipment.

The problem is not the 2006 Madison Scouts, it's the influences that are being pushed on them and their "image."

Disagree. Last year was my favorite Scouts show ever, and I go back to 1970 seeing them.

Scott was ideed a great man..but don't forget under him the Scouts had 2002...another one of those might really have driven them into a downward spiral with no end.

Scott Stewart wasn't fired. He stepped down shortly after the corps missed finals in 2002. Unless you're talking about 2000, when he was fired and then rehired after the MDBCA board got turned inside out.

Scott was ideed a great man...

He still is. He's still alive, you know.