• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't care much about the skunk, but I would like to heartily chastise Amtrack for ruining portions of our show! I would also like to chastise them for getting me to camps 3 hours late even though I was supposed to arrive four hours before camp started!!! Those bozos need to get their act together... :blink: :ramd:

That's the second post to metion how much GE the Cabs have, yet we have not been able to win that caption yet. Hmmmm???? If the crowd throwing babies at you and standing O's isnt GE, what is? :blink:

Well the crowds knows best anyway, who cares if you win the caption or not really?

:)

Having been a long time Kiltie fan, it's very encouraging to hear how well they were received out east. Happy to hear the are enjoying a larger and much improved corps this summer. It will also be interesting to see how well our Renegades and RCR do this Labor Day at DCA. I will also be pulling for the Kilties to make a well deserved finalist spot as well! Good luck to all!

I don't care much about the skunk, but I would like to heartily chastise Amtrack for ruining portions of our show!

Oh man..... not sure if Amtrak is responsible, since the trains were freight trains (CSX tracks, maybe?)... but you hit the nail on the head about the interruptions. I have never seen so many trains rumbling by the stadium as there were this year.

Fran

Maybe it means our economy is improving? Ha...yeah right

Hey Joe,

Nice pics of Cru and Kilts (wedge..yes!)

Any show sound bites out there...hint..hint El Guapo :-).

. The icing on the cake was being on the field the exact same day 70 years ago when the Junior Kilties were formed.

that's not quite correct

The first performance by the Jr Kilites (at the time called the Kiwanis Kilites) was the Racine 4th of July parade on July 4th, 1936....they actually had a dress rehearsal on July 2nd for the parade.

Their first drum corps show was August 5th, 1936 at Horlick Field...they were in exhibition.

Check it out

Pictures from the 4th of July 1936

:)

Edited by FrankBeMe