• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the second post to metion how much GE the Cabs have, yet we have not been able to win that caption yet. Hmmmm???? If the crowd throwing babies at you and standing O's isnt GE, what is? :laugh:

Thanks for the awesome reviews, we really appreciate it and love performing this show for you. We are working hard and whatever happens, happens. I just know I love playing this show and feeling the energy of the crowd. :laugh:

I concure. It was a great time for all of us. I especially appreciated the crowd reaction to our performance. That many standing O's...WOW! The crowd was electric. For those in attendence, thank you for your response at retreat. Its good to see the fans appreciate all of our hard work.

Edited by JKatzmellophone

Great show in Syracuse! The line-up was awesome. I particularly enjoyed hearing a Drum Corps play the Star Spangled Banner by the Brigadiers Alumni. Why don't we have more corps playing it at the start of a show instead of either hearing it on tape, or having someone sing it. We're DRUM CORPS for goodness sake. CUDOS to the Brigadiers Alumni for looking and sounding great!! I heard on the PA that they are doing the same for the DCA FINALS. Great idea!!!!

Good night in Syracuse.... I hope we have that very same weather in Rochester for Labor Day weekend. 100 percent perfect drum corps weather!

One big reason I enjoy doing the Syracuse show is that Don, the operations manager/scoreboard/audio guy at Alliance Bank Stadium, is absolutely one of the best people I've ever had the pleasure to work with. He is a super pro.

I had almost forgotten how much fun it is to watch the Empire Statesmen do an encore victory concert. The Statesmen really know how to put on a show... David Bruni does a great job working the crowd. LOL.... during the encore performance, one guy in the stands kept yelling for the corps to "play 'Rio'!" Finally, David decided to "give in" and have the corps play the tune. "If we don't, this guy back here is gonna kill me!" David told the crowd. Great moment.

Oh yeah.... did I mention that the Coneys were very tasty, as usual? :P

Fran

I, too, would like to thank the members of the audience at our home show. You made us feel truly welcome and it was amazing performing for you!

I, too, would like to thank the members of the audience at our home show. You made us feel truly welcome and it was amazing performing for you!

What he said...it was great to be out on that field again & great to catch up with so many folks in the parking lot before & after the show.

Also, thanks to the Kilties for making the long haul out to Syracuse. Sorry we interrupted your down time when we rolled into the gym after rehearsal...glad to hear the trip was worth it!

Fran--if you're going to thank the ops manager/scoreboard/audio guy, don't forget to thank the grounds crew too for making sure the skunks stayed out of the dugouts this year. ^0^

Actually, I thought I caught a wiff of skunk at the critique in the 1st baseline dugout. LOL

Also, thanks to the Kilties for making the long haul out to Syracuse. Sorry we interrupted your down time when we rolled into the gym after rehearsal...glad to hear the trip was worth it!

Not a problem. It was actually good timing cause I had a lot of preping to finish up on. Plus a lot of our members got to engage in some good conversation with some Brigs members.

Thanks for having us. It was well worth it and I enjoyed the trip.

Edited by KiltieBD3