• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok,

Maybe it was not a huge,huge crowd but a nice size someone had to see it to review it. I hope the lack of a review isn't because some are afraid to get railed for it. I noticed that there isn't a waterbury review either so maybe that is why :(

But from my point of view.. The crowd was great drum corps crowd as always up there and I think it is safe to say, when it is hard to hear Russ call us to attention after the show (and I am on the fifty) that they enjoyed it. :)

Edited by Bond624

Great crowd to perform for. I had a fabulous time.

Only had a chance to catch Cabs perform before I headed back to the truck for the finale. Got caught up in conversations outside the stadium.

Cabs sounded great. Just a wall of brass, energy was high and the drumline was awesome.

That is all I can contribute. Sorry :P

I was at the show. It was GREAT! The whole thing was absolutely GREAT! I really have to say Syracuse put together an awesome show. There was a ton of variety, great uniforms, great brass ensembles. If you weren't there, you really missed a good one. Brigs Alumni came out first with EVERYONE in the original Brigs uniform. Not one detail was missed. That right there made it exciting. They did the National Anthem and another number. Pretty good in number, it was great to see them out there. Sabers came out with a few music changes but the big thing was the colored streamers they use during Conga, the drum solo. WOW, talk about some color on the field!! Then out came Kilties. Great show, great uniforms, the drum major had a lot of Scottish attitude. We had newbies in front of us. They kept calling everyone bands. By the time they saw the Kilties they were so wowed they asked us if it could get any better than this, we assured them it would. Cru came out with their rock and roll. The have a big guard. Alot of color, filled the field. I kept thinking how appropriate the colors were for the sixties tunes. CABS were awesome! They have a great show this year. When they hit the fifty and turned a huge company front 90 degrees we stood up and cheered our heads off for them! That was some GE. Exciting show! Empire was just as awesome. Pierro (how do you spell it) had to have played one of his best shows ever. Truly those two sops were great Saturday night. CLEAN, empire was clean!!! Watch out guys! Brigs, with all the trials this year, are phenominal. The show has really moved along. I still think they have one of the best guards out there. Always have some really interesting moves. Saw a bunch of veterans back! Then the wrap up was Cabs Alumni, who are just plain fun. Russo (how do you spell it), you're such a ham! You haven't changed a bit! They played all the old stuff you've grown to love and they do it well. Awesome, Awesome night. A lot of energy. Everyone did a great job. Full corps retreat. Empire guard got the all the guards on their end dancing to Cabs Cherry Blossom Pink. Everyone played off the field to Empire who won. Then Bruni (how do you spell it) hams it up with corps and a great victory concert. A train blew it's whistle at a key moment and Dave announces he paid him 50 bucks to do that. FUN, FUN, FUN! The only bad thing about the whole show is you really didn't want it to end.

Thanks for the review....but how about those run-on sentences? Thanks though, just giving you a hard time!

[

quote name=TooMello' date='Aug 7 2006, 03:48 PM' post='1524734]

I was at the show. It was GREAT! The whole thing was absolutely GREAT! I really have to say Syracuse put together an awesome show. There was a ton of variety, great uniforms, great brass ensembles. If you weren't there, you really missed a good one. Brigs Alumni came out first with EVERYONE in the original Brigs uniform. Not one detail was missed. That right there made it exciting. They did the National Anthem and another number. Pretty good in number, it was great to see them out there. Sabers came out with a few music changes but the big thing was the colored streamers they use during Conga, the drum solo. WOW, talk about some color on the field!! Then out came Kilties. Great show, great uniforms, the drum major had a lot of Scottish attitude. We had newbies in front of us. They kept calling everyone bands. By the time they saw the Kilties they were so wowed they asked us if it could get any better than this, we assured them it would. Cru came out with their rock and roll. The have a big guard. Alot of color, filled the field. I kept thinking how appropriate the colors were for the sixties tunes. CABS were awesome! They have a great show this year. When they hit the fifty and turned a huge company front 90 degrees we stood up and cheered our heads off for them! That was some GE. Exciting show! Empire was just as awesome. Pierro (how do you spell it) had to have played one of his best shows ever. Truly those two sops were great Saturday night. CLEAN, empire was clean!!! Watch out guys! Brigs, with all the trials this year, are phenominal. The show has really moved along. I still think they have one of the best guards out there. Always have some really interesting moves. Saw a bunch of veterans back! Then the wrap up was Cabs Alumni, who are just plain fun. Russo (how do you spell it), you're such a ham! You haven't changed a bit! They played all the old stuff you've grown to love and they do it well. Awesome, Awesome night. A lot of energy. Everyone did a great job. Full corps retreat. Empire guard got the all the guards on their end dancing to Cabs Cherry Blossom Pink. Everyone played off the field to Empire who won. Then Bruni (how do you spell it) hams it up with corps and a great victory concert. A train blew it's whistle at a key moment and Dave announces he paid him 50 bucks to do that. FUN, FUN, FUN! The only bad thing about the whole show is you really didn't want it to end.

Wonderful show from start to finish! It was nice to see the Brigs Alumni finally back in the original corps uni. They played the National Anthem and "Black Saddle." That tune brings back some memories!

White Sabers up next...Noticable improvement since the Central Square show. The bright colored panels really lit up their show. Still seem just a little hesitant with their music. And if they clean up their feet some, they'll be in the hunt for one of the top spots in Class A!

Next- the "Mad Plaid" ! Simply put, this is the biggest, cleanest, most entertaining Kilties corps since they were in the Jr. ranks.

And yes, the DM looked intimidating. Great job by the corps from Racine!

Crusaders mix of Shostakovic, and '70s rock is an interesting mix. They too have cleaned up their execution since Central Square. Huge guard added lots of color. The thing I wanted in that show, and didn't get, was a soloist playing the screamin' guitar solo from the end of "Stairway to Heaven." But hey, I didn't write the show, right?

Cabs came out with a big, BIG sound, really clean percussion, a great guard, and a ton of GE. When they turned their company front and marched toward the fans, I was on my feet...screaming,"YEAAHHH!!!" My personal favorite of the night.

IMO the best Cabs show in years. All the top corps need to watch out for this corps, come finals time. They have a way of sneakin' up on people!

The Statesmen...well as usual, completely entertaining! Ritchie Price and Joey Pirro are a show unto themselves! Empire's brass was a wall of beautiful sound. From my vantage point, I thought their horns bested the Cabs, but just barely. As crisp and clear as the Statesmen's battery was, I thought they would take high drums, but that was not the case. Someone recently commented on DCP, that the Statesmen make it look, "so easy." Of course, we all know it's NOT easy. But these guys DO make it look easy. (They're just that good!)

The Brigadiers put on a very entertaining show with members who have big hearts and who are obviously proud to wear that uniform. A lot of new faces in the corps. That's good. A lot of long-time members as well. That too is good. Don't be suprised when they rebuild to the powerhouse corps of years past. Great job Brigs!

While the scores were tabulated, we were treated to the Caballeros Alumni. Always a great crowd pleaser. Personally, I liked "Pagliacci" and "Cherry Blossom Pink" Not suprisingly, Mr. Ponzo lit that crowd up! He was HOT! My thanks to the Cabs Alumni for allowing me to re-live all the wonderful memories of '60s and '70s drum corps!!!!

Empire's encore was sweet. The weather cooperated. It was truly a great show all around. If you missed it....too bad. B)

That's the second post to metion how much GE the Cabs have, yet we have not been able to win that caption yet. Hmmmm???? If the crowd throwing babies at you and standing O's isnt GE, what is? :worthy:

Thanks for the awesome reviews, we really appreciate it and love performing this show for you. We are working hard and whatever happens, happens. I just know I love playing this show and feeling the energy of the crowd. :sleep:

Edited by Smglennon

Just wanted to say thank you to the people who put together the Syracuse show. It was an honor to perform in front of a very drum corps savy crowd. The icing on the cake was being on the field the exact same day 70 years ago when the Junior Kilties were formed. That was ultra cool. The weather was perfect that evening. The trains weren't even audible. This was the first time I had the chance to be part of a retreat that was the same during the "good ol days";Trooping the stands and paying respect to the winner of the show. I had a great time and the field was awesome to march on.

Frank Cardenas