Empire Statesmen With Hats?

Kinda wish we had hats at DCA in 87......OY, what a rainstorm!

I enjoyed my Empire time sans hat. My facial expression? "Wow! Look at li'l ol' me. I'm on the field with the Statesmen!"

I miss Mr. B. Empire is a class act.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I enjoyed my Empire time sans hat. My facial expression? "Wow! Look at li'l ol' me. I'm on the field with the Statesmen!"

BTW....re your article in DCWorld on LMS LA.....where did you get the idea that I had been a BD soloist??? Didn;t happen, although i DID make the first cut for Latin Inplosion when it was a duet.

You may have gotton me confused with Mike Collins aka the Bearded Wonder....that's happened a few times over the years....but I wasn;t NEAR his skill level...

ps...Sam Gambetty.....BBWWHHAAAAA!!!!! (it's SETH Gambetty....)

My facial expression was "####, they can all see my face!"

this is a cool idea...a level not usually seen in DCA in general as far as helping to tell a story.

We wear them for the drum solo only. They are used to help portray the racism that Ray Charles struggled to beat throughout his career.

Near the end of the drum feature we portray the conflict of black versus white when we are paired together.

Yeah, but I thought having Ritchee Price and Joey Pero punching each other out during that sequence was a little over the top. B)

JUST KIDDING, of course..... The "hats" thing is a neat idea!

Fran

You may have gotton me confused with Mike Collins aka the Bearded Wonder....that's happened a few times over the years....but I wasn;t NEAR his skill level...

I always thought he was the Bearded Clam.