Photography

Does anyone know what the DCI policy is about taking pictures at shows? I was looking around on the DCI website and I coudl find nothing. I know you used to be able to take all the pictures you wanted, but remember it changing, but I want to knwo for sure before I head out to semis and finals this weekend. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Dave

Does anyone know what the DCI policy is about taking pictures at shows? I was looking around on the DCI website and I coudl find nothing. I know you used to be able to take all the pictures you wanted, but remember it changing, but I want to knwo for sure before I head out to semis and finals this weekend. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Dave

Check this link.

Dave

Happy Picture Taking! Thanks for link momoblooo. :)

rimshotTerrance

Dave

The sign at Allentown just this weekend is rather misleading, it simply says "no cameras" when in fact still pictures are allowed, video is not.

The sign at Allentown just this weekend is rather misleading, it simply says "no cameras" when in fact still pictures are allowed, video is not.

Yeah, i was worried when I saw the sign. Had the camera bag and then I saw "No cameras". I didn't want to walk all the way back to the car, so I just went to the bag check and they didn't say anything.

I just can't figure out why DCI doesn't want any pictures posted on the Internet. Seems like free advertising to me.

Yeah, i was worried when I saw the sign. Had the camera bag and then I saw "No cameras". I didn't want to walk all the way back to the car, so I just went to the bag check and they didn't say anything.

I just can't figure out why DCI doesn't want any pictures posted on the Internet. Seems like free advertising to me.

Probably something to do with their deal with Jolesch Photography.

More or less. In 2005 I had that luxury of talking to Tom Hope about it, and he said that amy photos from the field level, without written permission from DCI, is not allowed due to the possiblility of them being sold on the web or elsewhere without the corps' or DCI's consent. He was saying the Jolesch was the only party to have access and that even DCW photographers were having a hard time getting press passes for this reason. Photo's from the stands are fine as long as they are for personal use only... or something like that.

Edited by bari_benzo

That's better than what I was thinking - that DCI wanted to maintain complete control of the image presented to the public. I don't think Joelesch would lose any sales to photos taken from the stands, but I can see their concern. Technology is advancing quickly and the quality of the shots from the stands - even with the 6" lens limitation, is rapidly increasing. But just make the limitation that you can't sell the photos, not that you can't post photos to websites.