DCA Rochester

Another place one block north from your hotel is a restaurant that I highly recommend, The King and I (Cuisine of Thailand) - 1455 E. Henrietta Rd. (585) 427-8090 The King and I. My son Joe, who is a member of your corps, has taken me to several of his favorite Thai Restaurants in and around the San Francisco Area and I have never found one better than The King and I. I spent a year in Thailand, so I know good Thai food. They are open 7 days a week and the prices are under $7 for lunch and $15 for dinner. Their vegetarian menu is huge. Not only that, you can order most anything on the menu without the meat or seafood. For lunch, I see 12 vegetarian dishes, all under $7. The Vegetarian Dinner Menu has 6 appetizers, 4 soups and 35 entrees all under $9. Is that enough for you? Give me your email address, and I will send you a scan of their menu.

Any NY's... "Pongsri" on the corner of Bayard and Baxter. Best Thai food in the tri-state area. Ghaeng Kiew Whan and Thai Spring Rolls are amazing! Don't know where it is? Watch "Gangs of New York" with Leo DiCaprio, then you know where it is.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anything good out by RIT?

I assume you are staying at the Radisson 175 Jefferson Rd.

Between the Radisson and the Doubletree Inn at 1111 Jefferson Rd. there are twenty or so good restaurants. Head east on Jefferson Rd. past the first light on the left is MacGregors 300 Jefferson Rd. You will really like this place. over 200 different kinds of beer on tap including Yeuglings Black and Tan, Lager and Ale. The beer is always fresh, clean and served in frosty mugs. They take pride in keeping the lines clean and the beer fresh. The food is mainly the type of fair you would find at TGIF's or Red Robin. I go there for their Chicken Wings and cold Black and Tan.

Still heading east on Jefferson there is a Buffalo Wild Wings 382 Jefferson in the plaza on the left. I shouldn't have to say anything about this national franchise. In the same plaza is DiBellas Old Fashioned Submarines They make their own sub rolls in house, the rolls are fabulous. If you go there, try the "Godfather".

Staying on Jefferson heading east, there are several franchise restaurants.

Olive Garden 532 Jefferson Rd.

Ruby Tuesdays 400 Jay Scutti Blvd. (Next to Olive Garden)

IHOP 556 Jefferson Rd.

Red Lobster 655 Jefferson Rd

Romano's Macaroni Grill 760 Jefferson Rd.

Don Paublo's 780 Jefferson Rd

Bugaboo Creek 935 Jefferson Rd.

Roadhouse Grill 830 Jefferson Rd.

Boston Market 942 Jefferson Rd.

Hooter's 945 Jefferson Rd.

Staying on Jefferson past the Doubletree Inn is one of my favorite sports bars.

Tully's Good Times 1225 Jefferson Rd.

There are many good restaurants on the roads that cross Jefferson Rd. but I would be all day if I listed them. You can explore for yourself.

I hope this helps you out a little Jeff.

Nick Tahou Hots - 2260 Lyell Ave. (585) 429-6388 - Go west on Lyell about 2 miles. Nicks is on your right, just after you cross over I-390. Yes, this is the home of the world famous "Garbage Plate", often imitated but never duplicated. I think Nick was the inventor of the hamburger hot sauce. This is a great place to go eat after the bars close. Make sure you have something for agita close at hand, lots of grease and hot stuff, but great if your stomach can take it. Best home fries ever.

tastes even better after six or so beers b**bs

looks better too! :P

I assume you are staying at the Radisson 175 Jefferson Rd.

Between the Radisson and the Doubletree Inn at 1111 Jefferson Rd. there are twenty or so good restaurants. Head east on Jefferson Rd. past the first light on the left is MacGregors 300 Jefferson Rd. You will really like this place. over 200 different kinds of beer on tap including Yeuglings Black and Tan, Lager and Ale. The beer is always fresh, clean and served in frosty mugs. They take pride in keeping the lines clean and the beer fresh. The food is mainly the type of fair you would find at TGIF's or Red Robin. I go there for their Chicken Wings and cold Black and Tan.

Still heading east on Jefferson there is a Buffalo Wild Wings 382 Jefferson in the plaza on the left. I shouldn't have to say anything about this national franchise. In the same plaza is DiBellas Old Fashioned Submarines They make their own sub rolls in house, the rolls are fabulous. If you go there, try the "Godfather".

Staying on Jefferson heading east, there are several franchise restaurants.

Olive Garden 532 Jefferson Rd.

Ruby Tuesdays 400 Jay Scutti Blvd. (Next to Olive Garden)

IHOP 556 Jefferson Rd.

Red Lobster 655 Jefferson Rd

Romano's Macaroni Grill 760 Jefferson Rd.

Don Paublo's 780 Jefferson Rd

Bugaboo Creek 935 Jefferson Rd.

Roadhouse Grill 830 Jefferson Rd.

Boston Market 942 Jefferson Rd.

Hooter's 945 Jefferson Rd.

Staying on Jefferson past the Doubletree Inn is one of my favorite sports bars.

Tully's Good Times 1225 Jefferson Rd.

There are many good restaurants on the roads that cross Jefferson Rd. but I would be all day if I listed them. You can explore for yourself.

I hope this helps you out a little Jeff.

not at the Radisson, but it does help a lot thanks!

not at the Radisson, but it does help a lot thanks!

Radisson is the only hotel near the RIT Campus. Maybe you are staying at the RIT Inn and Conference Center Which is quite a ways from the campus. If That is where you are, head north on W. Henrietta Rd. about a mile and a half until you come to Jefferson Rd.

I can't find the thread, but about a week ago someone was asking about good places to eat while in Rochester for DCA Championships weekend. Seeing I have the day off and I have a little time, I will try to give some places in and around the city that I know you will like. I hope the corpsmen from here will add to my recommendations so that you all will enjoy your stay in town as much as we are looking forward to having you here.

I posted the other thread...

Thanks... Just what I was looking for........

Pete

There used to be a cheesesteak and sub shop in a little strip mall on Brooks Avenue at the foot for the ramp from southbound Mt. Read Boulevard circa 1973-76 (maybe next to or just east of the Holiday(?) Inn). Was better than anything I ever experienced in South Philly. Oh Lordy...!

Probably long gone by now. :(