Cavaliers got 10's?

Caviliers with 10's in Visual Rep and Visual Performance??? That seems way to rich for me.

Now, don't get me wrong, I love the Cavi's show, simply amazing. But the gold standard for me is 2002. That show deserved perfect marks across the board. This show does not. Looking at tonight's recaps really begs the question, are the judges just slotting? IMO, Cavaliers should be winning visual, but not by as much as they are now.

I can see 9.8, but 10 is a stretch. I question Rich Kemp and John Howell 's judgement tonight. Here's hoping for a better panel tomorrow night.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The 2006 Cavaliers are not competing against the 2002 Cavaliers. So 02 really has no bearing on now. The only thing that matters is the margin between them and the corps underneath.

Agreed that 2006 is not competing against 2002, also agreed that there should not be 10's up there for semi's. Sorry, 10s are a finals number. They need to have the room tomorrow for any growth to be done. 9.9 I can see, but the perfect 10 doesnt happen till finals for me. Symanitcs.

I totally agree. 10 is perfection, and NO corps is perfect in ANY caption. And to give 10's in prelims? I just don't get it. There is nowhere to go but down...or give them 10's again. But what if there is improvement from las night to tonight? Give them an 11?

I totally agree. 10 is perfection, and NO corps is perfect in ANY caption. And to give 10's in prelims? I just don't get it. There is nowhere to go but down...or give them 10's again. But what if there is improvement from las night to tonight? Give them an 11?

To paraphrase Morgoth, the Saturday night Cavaliers are not competing with the Friday night Cavaliers. The scores should be a reflection of their status vs the other corps that night, not Friday.

But I do agree that there's really no such thing as a 10. Trust me, most of us, if not all of us, could find something wrong in every subcaption.

Garry

Edited by CrunchyTenor

Kind of like Spinal Tap...silly

Even though I picked the Cavs for the title, I don't agree with 10's in any caption. No show is THAT good. Perfection is something that's beyond human capabilities.

If Cavies had gone on before BD, I bet they don't get any 10s and the leading score going into finals is much lower. Judges let themselves get pushed into handing out 10s.

Bingo! It's the judging parallel to painting themselves into a corner. They really need to think about the earlier scores, and perhaps starting a bit lower to give themselves room.

Garry

Kind of like Spinal Tap...silly

Something is up with the Judges. Sometimes I think it's just an easy way out for them. Sometimes I think they do it to create drama to keep DCI alive. There is NO way the Cavies deserve 10's. Love the show, it works for them. The look, the style of music, the presentation is on. Perhaps GE? I feel strongly that there are at least 2 corps out there were near 10's last night and 1 for percussion.

If the judges pull one of these stunts again on finals, I move for a vote of no confidence in their ability! I would want a detailed explanation of how they evaluated on the corps performance per section, as a whole and how they differ to other corps. I have been extremely frustrated with this judging and the inconsistencies that I finally decided to create a username on this blog and speak out! This is appalling and questionable!

On the other side, I feel that all corps are champions! The kids are just amazing. I try to remember that it is for the love of performance in brass, drums and colorguard. Nothing more. But, the judging seems to be based on something other than the performance or the quality thereof. In addition, it almost seems like if a corps produces a simple show, with simple music that they would actually win over a corps pushing the envelope, very high level of musicality between brass and drums. Is it these judges can't handle the complexity?

For arguments sake- sorry and not to offend but some of the "top" corps of 2006 programmes are very blah, boring and been there done that kind of thing. I think there is some truth to this as we all know the Cadets probably should not have won in 1993 but the show worked. It fits with the corps style, the music was there. My guess is the Cavies will prevail as World Champions this year. But BD and PR for 2nd and 3rd? You have got to be kidding! And I don't know what the judges were thinking placing the Blue Coats ahead of the Cadets. I didn't see the quaters but think that is a hard blow and sends the wrong message to not just the staff, the kids of the Cadets but to all the corps in DCI!

:huh: