Carolina Crown

easy , compared to the other corps in its group.

also came in dead last in drums at finals.

I am not doubting you but I am curious as to what you are basing this on. Is it backed up on some factual evidence or is this just your opinion?

I am not a music person either but I thought their music sounded far from easy...and their execution was superb. That sound was just so crisp and clear.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

easy , compared to the other corps in its group.

also came in dead last in drums at finals.

Did you listen to the show..I wouldn't call Danielpour easy. Lots of technical passages and exposure in the horn book and drill that was as high velocity as anyone's out there.

Bottom line..excellence in Cream and Purple makes you cry..admit it.

I wasn't as impressed with Crowns show as much as alot of people on here. I do think they have a very bright future. They remind me of Star in many ways.

They need to make some Giant steps in the difficulty of music across the board to make a run at the top 6. (IMO)

They have a great staff and with a few changes should be in good shape in about two years.

I don't know..having seen the score and the myraid of notes on it..i have to say...WHATEVER.. <**>

Listen..tehnical demand is there as well as a great deal of exposure.

Guard alone should have kept Crown above BK. Watching all three nights, it was clear that Crown out spinned BK in terms of difficulty, exposure and content. BK spent almost half of their show with nothing in their hands, and what they did dance wise was rather simple and not effective in my opinion.

THe overall GE from Crowns show was awesome, full of contrast in emotion. Not jus tone emotion throughout the whole show.

BK, overall, was a well performed show, but Crown had it over them in many aspects.

~G~

Guard alone should have kept Crown above BK. Watching all three nights, it was clear that Crown out spinned BK in terms of difficulty, exposure and content. BK spent almost half of their show with nothing in their hands, and what they did dance wise was rather simple and not effective in my opinion.

THe overall GE from Crowns show was awesome, full of contrast in emotion. Not jus tone emotion throughout the whole show.

BK, overall, was a well performed show, but Crown had it over them in many aspects.

~G~

What he said. :)

~G~

A million people will have a million different opinions on what Crown did better than BK, and the other way around, as well. That's the nature of this game. What Crown did in terms of generating audience response, BK did in bringing something unique and challenging to the field. What Crown's guard did with equipment, BK's entire corps did with movement. BK's front ensemble accomplishments were similar to Crown's brass accomplishments, etc...

I think it was a deservingly close race between the two groups, and I have a lot more faith in the finals judges than I do individuals of drum corps fandom. Each of them are in the top of their captions, have received a lot of training and experience on their sheets, and almost all of them are in a far better physical location to judge their assignments than those of us in the stands. These are the criteria that all of the corps have agreed to participate under. I believe that often, even the most educated drum corps fans forget that 'crowd appeal' doesn't equal 'effect,' and it doesn't (and shouldn't, IMO) give a boost to other captions.

I'm think it's unfortunate that there are so many people so quick to say that Crown got 'jobbed,' when it's a lot more constructive to celebrate their accomplishments, as well as the accomplishments of their competitors, especially when Carolina's members have been so classy and gracious.

The more I view the recaps and examine the colorguard scores. the more I buy into the "crown got jobbed" theory. Each time Curtis Costanza judged guard, he had BK over Crown, including finals night by two tenths ?? Umm, how ?? besides that, five times before that, Crown was over BK in guard, except for one time and who was judging ?? Curtis Costanza. I wonder why ??

~G~

No way BK should've beat them... Crown was my favorite again this year... Their hornline keeps getting better! TO DIE FOR!

The more I view the recaps and examine the colorguard scores. the more I buy into the "crown got jobbed" theory. Each time Curtis Costanza judged guard, he had BK over Crown, including finals night by two tenths ?? Umm, how ?? besides that, five times before that, Crown was over BK in guard, except for one time and who was judging ?? Curtis Costanza. I wonder why ??

~G~

First....Crown was my own favorite corps of 2006....however...

Their 1.2 deficit in percussion is what cost them a position at DCI finals, IMO, not the small guard score flip-flop.

That relative weakness in percussion should have also hurt them in Ensemble Music and maybe Music Effect if they were not contributing as much percussion-wise as other corps.

I only saw BK on the cinecast, so it is hard to make a direct comparison. From what I saw of them I loved their show too. They were pretty close, IMO.

Crown had a great opening statement and good closing one.

thats about it.

horn book was easy ( again ).

Then how were the repertoire numbers so high all season? With All due respect, that does not add up.

Edited by Carolina Crown Sinfonian