Why aren't The Cavaliers hated?

It isn't libel if it's true.

It's true?

Was there a large crowd gathered around witnessing this event you can call upon for a similar statement? Did you videotape the incident? If not, it's your word vs. the DCP servers which have set your comments in stone.

When you invoke hazing, you're implying that someone in an inferior position was forced against their will to submit to something degrading. Can you prove that?

What were they doing?

What were they saying?

How many were there?

How can you prove they were first-year members?

How can you prove they were Cavaliers?

That's seems to fall under the guise of libel, especially in the context you used it.

Again, I'd be extremely careful.

Edited by siuehist

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This does not strike me as a blatently "classless". He's not bragging about kicking every other corps' @##

and saying that next year nobody has a shot. He's just saying that they will probably be better (and has

a reasonable argument to support his opinion).

That is not something you say to someone immediately after beating them. Do you remember who won the next year? It wasn't the Cavaliers.

It's true?

Was there a large crowd gathered around witnessing this event you can recall for a similar statement?

When you invoke hazing, you're implying that someone in an inferior position was forced against their will to submit to something degrading. Can you prove that?

What were they doing?

What were they saying?

How many were there?

That's seems to fall under the guise of libel, especially in the context you used it.

Again, I'd be extremely careful.

Yes, there was a large crowd, there were LOTS of people in the parking lot -- it was a REGIONAL. If it came down to it I could name at least ten people right now that witnessed the same thing. And standing right nearby was a Cavalier alum that said, "yep, those our are guys, we have the rookies do that every year." I'm not going to patronize you with anymore details, if you really want to know, PM me.

And by the way, I don't appreciate you threatening me. I'm pretty sure this goes against DCP rules.

Edited by kas87

(Preface: This is NOT a Cavvie-bashing thread. I feel their placement this year and the past several were well-deserved.)

In any given sport when one team dominates for an extended period of time, they tend to turn into the "bad guy" and the fans want to see them go down. We've seen this in Drum Corps with Star in the early 90s and (IIRC) BD in the mid/late 90s.

So why are The Cavaliers immune? They have dominated the activity in the past 7 years in a way no one has ever done before. But the crowd still LOVES them.

I haven't read every single post in the thread, but has anyone pointed out that the Blue Devils were in pretty much the same position from 1976 thru 1986 that the Cavaliers are in now? Did anybody "hate" BD back then?

Yes, there was a large crowd, there were LOTS of people in the parking lot -- it was a REGIONAL. If it came down to it I could name at least ten people right now that witnessed the same thing. And standing right nearby was a Cavalier alum that said, "yep, those our are guys, we have the rookies do that every year." I'm not going to patronize you with anymore details, if you really want to know, PM me.

No, you brought it up in public in some lame attempt to discredit me, and now you're running away?

That story does not gel on several levels.

You fail to mention what they were doing and why?

You have dug yourself a hole. I'd contact those ten people and get your stories straight.

No, you brought it up in public in some lame attempt to discredit me, and now you're running away?

That story does not gel on several levels.

You fail to mention what they were doing and why?

You have dug yourself a hole. I'd contact those ten people and get your stories straight.

I told you exactly what they were doing.. running through the parking lot naked. According to a Cavaliers alumni they were doing it because "they have the rookies do it every year."

I haven't dug any holes.

At this point you are simply coming across as being mentally deficient. I'm not going to try to argue with you anymore.

And I know after this you'll make some scatter-brained attempt at arguing or threatening me, though this is my last time responding.

Have a nice day.

Edited by kas87

And by the way, I don't appreciate you threatening me. I'm pretty sure this goes against DCP rules.

I didn't threaten you.

I'm considering legal action, but I didn't threaten you.

cya libelboy

Edited by siuehist