DCA - Paetec

Silly question...how do you turn a soccer field into a football field (AKA, how will the field be lined for prelims and finals)?

If I remember correctly, a football field from sideline to sideline can fit “inside” a soccer field. Whenever I see these fields marked for both uses (football and soccer) the football lines are centered on the soccer field. If this is done the same way at championships, what kind of distance are we looking at from the football sideline to the first row in the stadium? Could be kinda far…

footsocc.jpg

paetec.jpg

Oh yeah, according to their schedule, there is a Rhino home game the day before prelims…the grounds/field lining crew is going to have a long night.

I have no clue on the details, but as a member of Statesmen, we have been assured that the audience will be plenty close. :-)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I remember correctly, a football field from sideline to sideline can fit “inside” a soccer field. Whenever I see these fields marked for both uses (football and soccer) the football lines are centered on the soccer field. If this is done the same way at championships, what kind of distance are we looking at from the football sideline to the first row in the stadium? Could be kinda far…

remember: There is NO TRACK around the field perimeter.

Silly question...how do you turn a soccer field into a football field (AKA, how will the field be lined for prelims and finals)?

footsocc.jpg

paetec.jpg

Oh yeah, according to their schedule, there is a Rhino home game the day before prelims…the grounds/field lining crew is going to have a long night.

After visiting the stadium empty and for events,rest assure it will be "Drum-Corps -In-Your-Face" feeling like no other stadium used in championships have ever been!! :angry::angry:

The Grounds crew has had plenty of experience with multi-tasking the layout of the field with concerts and games within 18 hours of each other! :angry:

You have to understand that this soccer team is trying to prove to the MSL that they are worthy of joining the ranks of other cities across America as the newest member of the MSL. They are proving themselves worthy ! :laugh:

All I can say is that ALL IS COVERED....no need to worry. Do you think for the past 11 months we would have skipped little details like "how can we get a field lined" and "will it fit" and "no horns allowed in the Stadium".

Every detail has been covered. YES, there is a Soccer game scheduled on Friday night. This has been on the schedule for the past 6 months. We have a schedule set on when and how the Stadium will be turned into a football field. The Corps will be so close to the people you will be able to make out faces very clearly!! There has never been a more perfect set-up for a Drum Corps show.

Give it a chance and have some trust in the poeple who are planning the event.

All I can say is that ALL IS COVERED....no need to worry. Do you think for the past 11 months we would have skipped little details like "how can we get a field lined" and "will it fit" and "no horns allowed in the Stadium".

Every detail has been covered. YES, there is a Soccer game scheduled on Friday night. This has been on the schedule for the past 6 months. We have a schedule set on when and how the Stadium will be turned into a football field. The Corps will be so close to the people you will be able to make out faces very clearly!! There has never been a more perfect set-up for a Drum Corps show.

Give it a chance and have some trust in the poeple who are planning the event.

Don't get me wrong...I wasn't doubting the set up, or prep for the weekend. It was just a general question/curiosity I had on my part (as a drum major, I just love being as close to the fans as possible b**bs ).

Hey, I'm a project manager by trade, I am well aware of the "magic" that can happen with proper planning. From all indications thus far, I don't doubt for one minute that this will be the best championship weekend that I have had the pleasure to attend/be a part of...the information that you guys have given the participating corps in advance has been top notch (I'm also Tour Director for the corps...the up-front info has been a HUGE help for me, and much appreciated!!!).

Championship weekend will be AWESOME !!!

Don't get me wrong...I wasn't doubting the set up, or prep for the weekend. It was just a general question/curiosity I had on my part (as a drum major, I just love being as close to the fans as possible b**bs ).

Hey, I'm a project manager by trade, I am well aware of the "magic" that can happen with proper planning. From all indications thus far, I don't doubt for one minute that this will be the best championship weekend that I have had the pleasure to attend/be a part of...the information that you guys have given the participating corps in advance has been top notch (I'm also Tour Director for the corps...the up-front info has been a HUGE help for me, and much appreciated!!!).

Championship weekend will be AWESOME !!!

Looking forward to seeing All of you. Have a safe trip.

Define "Safety Hazard"...... :laugh: ^0^

Hey Nanc, enjoy Sunday morning for the two of us *sigh* :(

Will do.... I promice! Wish you guys could be there though. I know, I know... priorities!

Ron and I shall lift an extra brew just for you two! Hugs to you both and get well soon!!

question...if it's tight upfront to move a pit in and a pit out at the same time, will DCA be lenient on timing?