Strange Rules of Drum Corps

WAIT A MINUTE... REALLY??? Who's rule is/was that? I could have lived with that rule... (ulterior motive ... B) )

I remember in 1995 the Bluecoats had a rule like that. But it seemed like they did it because it fit in with their show. I think some corps have a rule about walking around ALONE while in unform, regardless of gender. Any corps that have this rule?

And what is the "M" word???

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What, m@#$? :P Pwn3d.

I edited the M word for ya, lets just say if Spirit drops to 13th next year we know why!

How many corps have this M word thing?

lets see...

- you need a hat, water jug, and dot book at rehearsal, or you get pushups

- you have to roll your feet everywhere (even if you wake up at 4 am to go to the bathroom) however this isnt enforced much after death camp....

- no swearing (because our show theme was south park)

- no gum at practice ever

- no eating/drinking in uniform (except water)

- you always need footwear outside

- if someone in the hornline misses the ripple (including relax ripple), the whole hornline runs

- o and my personal favourite: one trumpet player in the hornline complained and whined too much, so if she complained or whined, the whole hornline had to run (the rest of us could complain all we wanted)

thats all i can think of right now...

Mustaches were allowed (beards were not), and while many of us tried to grow them, not many of us succeeded! ;-)

Mens' hair was supposed to be off-the-collar, ears showing, but we wore it a little longer than that until we got a sermon on it, from time to time.

Co-ed bus seating was OK, while co-ed gym floor sleeping was not. Some brave souls might have broken that rule, though.

Heh....glad I marched BD...I had a full, thick beard...as long as it was neatly trimmed, it was fine.

Long hair on guys? #### yeah! Check out the flugel at the beginning of teh 83 show....Randy Riggs's hair was well past his shoulders!

Now in 86, Dagenham had a no facial hair rule.....but I was allowed to keep my mustache....probably because I was in the USAF at the time...I would've shaved it if John Johnson had asked...

Oh, I heard about the Dutch Boy roll-stepping rule. I marched next to a girl this summer who marched there forever. She complained about it a lot. Hah.

I'm trying to think of any strange rules...

New this year "ensemble shirts." Every member of the music ensemble has to wear a white shirt, and every member of the guard has to wear a green shirt (or sports bra) to EVERY ensemble rehearsal. I had probably 25 white tshirts with me this summer. good idea, but it ruined every white shirt I own.

You MUST have a shirt in the food line.

Mason-Dixon line in the gym

Heh....glad I marched BD...I had a full, thick beard...as long as it was neatly trimmed, it was fine.

Long hair on guys? #### yeah! Check out the flugel at the beginning of teh 83 show....Randy Riggs's hair was well past his shoulders!

Now in 86, Dagenham had a no facial hair rule.....but I was allowed to keep my mustache....probably because I was in the USAF at the time...I would've shaved it if John Johnson had asked...

Heh, yeah, BD was famous for long hair. We thought it looked pretty cool. This is about as long as they let us grow it in 83. Here's the snareline in Miami at Nats, on break:

174364455_3c36c18e3c.jpg

Some of these guys went on to march in BD, Sam. Recognize any?