Houston, we have a problem...

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DCI: beaten by the Super Flea.

_40507011_vader.jpg

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Please, no. That is by far the worst line, from any movie, EVER.

Never again, for the love of sunshine, and music and drum corps and all else that is good and decent. Remember: Lisa Loeb walked out of the theater when Vader said that. :P

Uh oh.... watch: by the time they get it all straightened out, it'll be too late, and the 2007 DCI World Championships will be the first ever held in a remote high school stadium somewhere in the general vicinity of Pasadena... :worthy:

Nah....just move it to Pasadena City College...small stadium compared to teh RB....but it'll be a new field and i believe that's where Div II/III is being held anyway...

Please, no. That is by far the worst line, from any movie, EVER.

Never again, for the love of sunshine, and music and drum corps and all else that is good and decent. Remember: Lisa Loeb walked out of the theater when Vader said that. :P

Hey, I'm just waiting for the original "Han shot first" version of the DVD's to come out on Sep 12th.

That's where the real action is, and I understand they're Lisa Loeb® approved. :P

I looked at that schedule a few days ago. I see that a "minor event" is one that will not necessitate the closing of streets. Um, what? I've never been to the Rose Bowl, but it seems to me that some street somewhere would need to be closed...

well if you've never been to the Rose Bowl, what makes you so certain that roads will need to be closed?

Sorry if I'm coming across kind of abrupt, but.. I just can't wrap my head around someone who's never been there presuming roads would need to be closed for our event.

:worthy:

Why would they need to close any streets, again?

Hey, I'm just waiting for the original "Han shot first" version of the DVD's to come out on Sep 12th.

That's where the real action is, and I understand they're Lisa Loeb® approved. :P

"Han shot first?" Please- enlighten me!

"Han shot first?" Please- enlighten me!

The original version of the first 3 movies has never been out on DVD, only the George Lucas super-ultra-mega edition that got re-released in 1997 or so.

These 3 DVD's coming out are the "OG" version. In the original, it looks as if Han Solo shot Greedo first in "A New Hope" at the cantina. It was later edited in 1997 to make it look more like Greedo was gunning for him to begin with... to presumably make the movie more "Care Bear" and cuddly.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Han_shot_first :)

Edited by bawker

Hmm, interesting. But I think it was probably miscommunication. The finals are never earlier than the second week of August. I'm sure it'll be fine.

I agree, I'm sure the dates will be fine. However, Championships have in fact been earlier than the second week in August. Last year in Denver, they were one week earlier.

I agree, I'm sure the dates will be fine. However, Championships have in fact been earlier than the second week in August. Last year in Denver, they were one week earlier.

You mean 2004?

They did that so they could accommodate the TOC.