Houston, we have a problem...

The big problem is that unless their is turf that many corps are going to destroy the field. The field in Foxboro was horrible by Friday night and that was just from Div 1.

Hmmm the field On Thurs (QF) already looked like #### to begin with, did you happend to notice how the center of the Field looked even before the 1st corps went on. Looked terrible, supposedly there had been a soccer game a few nights or night earlier. I was kinda surprised the stadium field crew didn't try to fix it before hand.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2000 - Sure U Maryland's stadium was nice... but weren't we supposed to have been marching at RFK Stadium, closer to DC?!? The big deal about DCI 2000 was the idea of holding it near the US capitol. :worthy:

It was never going to be held at RFK stadium in DC, it was going to be held at FedEx field which is the current home of the Redskins and is located in Raljohn, MD near the DC beltway and landover, MD. But as Mr. Boo said when Daniel Snyder purchased the team he was less than thrilled with the idea/deal that DCI had and put his foot down saying his stadium was not going to be used for our event. Glad UM stepped up and let us hold finals there, especially since it is only 5 minutes from my house.

Actually - It's a GREAT flea market and it happens outside the bowl (all the way around it and in 2 of the parking lots) It's always the 2nd Sunday of the month and it's usually VERY well attended. If you're into that sort of thing it's a LOT of shopping.

Flea market, drum corps. Just think, the corps can sell all thier stuff, as well as have thier souvie booth up, as soon as Finals is over. Couldn't time it any better. Easy fund raiser for all corps for gas money. :worthy:

Hmmm the field On Thurs (QF) already looked like #### to begin with, did you happend to notice how the center of the Field looked even before the 1st corps went on. Looked terrible, supposedly there had been a soccer game a few nights or night earlier. I was kinda surprised the stadium field crew didn't try to fix it before hand.

that was due to the soccer game played on it earlier in the week by the New England Revolution.

It was never going to be held at RFK stadium in DC, it was going to be held at FedEx field which is the current home of the Redskins and is located in Raljohn, MD near the DC beltway and landover, MD.

Hmm.. I remember pretty clearly that finals was scheduled for RFK stadium.. that's why my friends and I got our hotel over near by.. then when it changed, we were really far from the stadium.. I didn't think FedEx Field existed (at least not by that name) in 2000.

The redskins have not played in RFK since around 1995 or 1996. The stadium used to be called something else before it was fed ex but I don't know what it was. the show in 2000 was originally intended to be held in the current redskins stadium and never at RFK.

Hmm.. I remember pretty clearly that finals was scheduled for RFK stadium.. that's why my friends and I got our hotel over near by.. then when it changed, we were really far from the stadium.. I didn't think FedEx Field existed (at least not by that name) in 2000.

I worked up there (DC) at the time, I recollect it was at the field the Redskins play in, vs RFK. RFK is in a very rough neighborhood.

well the neighborhood we ended up in was kind of rough, too.. and the signs were all indicating "RFK Stadium" around us.. maybe we were just the only ones who misunderstood.

Anyway.. to answer the original post, here's a link to an article posted on DCI.org yesterday:

Dates for 2007 DCI Finals

well the neighborhood we ended up in was kind of rough, too.. and the signs were all indicating "RFK Stadium" around us.. maybe we were just the only ones who misunderstood.

Anyway.. to answer the original post, here's a link to an article posted on DCI.org yesterday:

Dates for 2007 DCI Finals

No problem, just to specify, DCI was selling club level seating for the 2000 finals when it was going to be at redskins stadium (i bought my seats in club level), and RFK does not have club level seating. Unfortunately neither does Byrd Stadium (Univ. of Maryland) so I ended up having to get my seats changed and ended up in nose bleed country in that huge upper deck. great for drill but couldn't hear a thing.