Houston, we have a problem...

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is correct. And, interestingly, when we were in Denver in 1977 Finals was a day early to accomodate the American Legion Nationals at Mile High Stadium on Saturday.

... and we know just how much fun finals were in '77. (Shoulda' let the Legion have the stadium.) <**>

... and we know just how much fun finals were in '77. (Shoulda' let the Legion have the stadium.) <**>

For some people. ;)

That's nothing- Chuck Norris roundhouse-kicked everybody in the theater simultaneously at the utterance of that line. B)

And even that doesnt tell the whole story- at the exact same time that Chuck Norris' roundhouse kicks were being performed, Mr. T was simultaneously pitying George Lucas, Hayden Christenson, everyone else involved with the movie, everyone watching the movie, anyone who would ever buy the movie, all members of the star wars fan club, and in fact anyone who had ever said the word "NOOOO!!" in their life. This stream of pity was so intense that the universe actually collapsed, creating an alternate universe where we currently serve as Mr. T's mind slaves (a la The Matrix) :P

Yikes.

Everyone knows that DCI Championships is scheduled for Aug. 7-11 next year.

Whelp, someone in another pageantry forum brought up a scheduling conflict, and upon some research in the website for the Rose Bowl, they seem to be correct.

The calendar I am looking at has DCI down for Aug. 2-4.

I've sent emails to both DCI & the Rose Bowl, hoping it's just a typo. Keep your fingers crossed.

And to think that RG Canning Swap meet and DCI Finals is not a good match?? The nerve of them. :worthy:

That flea market on the 12th of August looks interesting !!! j/k :P

Actually - It's a GREAT flea market and it happens outside the bowl (all the way around it and in 2 of the parking lots) It's always the 2nd Sunday of the month and it's usually VERY well attended. If you're into that sort of thing it's a LOT of shopping.

well if you've never been to the Rose Bowl, what makes you so certain that roads will need to be closed?

Sorry if I'm coming across kind of abrupt, but.. I just can't wrap my head around someone who's never been there presuming roads would need to be closed for our event.

:worthy:

Why would they need to close any streets, again?

yeah, agree with Stef here. I practically live at the Rose Bowl during Tournament time, so I can tell you with no uncertainty that the city will NOT be closing any roads for DCI. This is a minor event for them comapred to what they deal with during football season.

That is correct. And, interestingly, when we were in Denver in 1977 Finals was a day early to accomodate the American Legion Nationals at Mile High Stadium on Saturday.

I did not know that? I know this is off topic, but how many of the competing corps in DCI also compete in the AL nationals that year? And if so, what changes did they have to make in order to match up with what I am sure were conflicting rules?

(Might go in Historical; but only the Great Boo can enlighten us.... :blink: ! How's that for patronization? :worthy: )