Houston, we have a problem...

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was checking out the list of Rose Parade participating bands for 2007 and thought it would have been a nice gesture to have one, or two (or three...) corps in there as a precurser to the World Championships. It might have been cool to see the Troopers do their 2nd ToR.

2007 Tournament of Roses Bands

Australian Southern Stars

Butler High School

Delfines Marching Band

Dobyns-Bennett High School

Fayette County High School

Kingwood High School

LA Unified All-City Band

Lakeville North High School

Louisiana Leadership Institute High School

Mountain Ridge High School

Oklahoma All-Star Centennial Band

PCC TofR Honor Band

Porterville High School

Pulaski High School

Punahou School Marching Band

Riverside King High School

Rose Bowl Participating University Band (TBD)

Rose Bowl Participating University Band (TBD)

Salvation Army

USMC

Waukesha North High School

The corps at American Legion that year were:

1 Crossmen 88.950

2 Garfield Cadets 85.950

3 Boston Crusaders 85.800

4 Wausau Story 80.700

5 Emerald Knights 77.500

6 Marquis 76.800

7 Velvet Knights 76.100

8 Fox Valley Raiders 74.150

9 Saints 71.750

10 General Butler Vagabonds 70.550

11 Sky Ryders 70.200

Only Crossmen and Cadets were in the Top 12 at DCI. There were a few flips in score from DCI. VK, Marquis and EK switched order. Fox Valley and Saints swapped. Sky Ryders were in Class A that year for DCI.

Yeah we won the American Legion playing March Slav and Russian Christmas Music. That sure made some Legionaires real happy! :P :P :P

I still dont think that DCI should have put it at the Rose Bowl in the first place. If they wanted it in Cali then San Diego (Qualcomm?), Berkley, or heck, even FRESNO would have been better than the Rose Bowl. That stadium is too low and will never give DCI the status that it deserves.

Yeah we won the American Legion playing March Slav and Russian Christmas Music. That sure made some Legionaires real happy! :P :P :P

Another OT...when did AL and VFW go away? Were the rules dramatically different from DCI at the time? I'm surprised they existed in '77; I guess I always thought they disappeared shortly after DCI popped up.

Actually - It's a GREAT flea market and it happens outside the bowl (all the way around it and in 2 of the parking lots) It's always the 2nd Sunday of the month and it's usually VERY well attended. If you're into that sort of thing it's a LOT of shopping.

The Rose Bowl Flea Market is one of the largest in the U.S., ranking with the Canton, TX, Trade Days, Phoenix, etc. I've attended all of them and used to be a jewelry jobber selling to the dealers.

If our corps souvie folks hung around an extra day, it might prove worthwhile.

Hmm.. I remember pretty clearly that finals was scheduled for RFK stadium.. that's why my friends and I got our hotel over near by.. then when it changed, we were really far from the stadium.. I didn't think FedEx Field existed (at least not by that name) in 2000.

Jack Kent Cooke Stadium was the original destination in 2000. Everyone got seat adjustments for Univ. of Maryland, we dealt with it. The real travesty was another tie for first. <_<

The Overly Greedy version. Just Lucas screwing his public again. B) How much $$$ can Lucas keep sucking out of SW fans?

None, if they don't buy it. No one's holding a gun to the fans' heads.

Garry