When will the Bluecoats win their championship?

When will the bluecoats win their championship?  

221 members have voted

1. 1. What year will it be

• 2010+
    • Never

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll say 2010+.

They are gaining ground, I think they will win eventually, once their show design surpasses that of The Cadets, Vanguard, Blue Devils, Phantom Regiment, and the Cavaliers...in the same year. I"m looking forward to it. They have the Talent, the Staff. All things say it can happen.

Blue Devils are to upset to let it happen in the future. b**bs Now if,it is because leading corps haunted by 80s!

The WordRider Heeaah!

2010+

~>conner

I'll say 2010+.

They are gaining ground, I think they will win eventually, once their show design surpasses that of The Cadets, Vanguard, Blue Devils, Phantom Regiment, and the Cavaliers...in the same year. I"m looking forward to it. They have the Talent, the Staff. All things say it can happen.

Bingo. It's not about being good. It's about being better than everyone else...at the same time. This year they were better than Cadets and SCV, but not BD Cavies or Phantom. Next year one of those corps might have an off year, but I would bet Cadets or SCV make progress. Whenever one corps has a bad year, the rest usually don't.

So the question really is, when will Phantom, Cavaliers, Blue Devils, Cadets and Santa Clara all have an off year at the same time?

EDIT: I don't mean to rip on the Bluecoats. I love that corps, but this is the same kind of thing when talking about any corps moving up. Like the thread about Academy, everyone seems to think that the only factor is how a corps places is their own level of excellance. But what really matters is everyone else's level of excellance. To move up, somone else always has to move down.

Edited by Morgoth Bauglir

It's interesting to see if it will happen.

Being in the "top 4" and the direction they're going seems like there might be a ring in the future

I'd say" never ". It's hard enough for a new corps to break into the top 5. But next to impossible to win it all. The Bluecoats would have to beat out the likes of The Cavaliers, The Blue Devils, Phantom, Cadets in one year. And then hold off Corps below too. Unless the Bluecoats find a billionaire, they are not going to get the staff to bolt and work with them for a win it all program. You hate to say " never " on anything. That " anything's possible ". But with DCI, " Never " seems like a reasonable choice here. Newer Corps who have a breakout year and get into the top 5 for the first time overwhelmingly then find themselves falling out of the top 5 in coming years, than we find them rising up from the 4th or 5th position to win it all. If DCI History is any guide to us, by 2010, the Bluecoats will be more apt to be fighting to stay in the top 12, or even survive as a Corps, than make a serious run for First place. There have been lots of Corps that have had a wonderful year or two rising to the 4th to 6th place positions..... Then disappeared a few years later.

Edited by X DM

Is there a corps since the inception of DCI that has made top 4 and not gone on to win a title at some point? I know there have been plenty of 5th place corps like that, but not sure about 4th place corps.

Duh, forgot about 27th. They sinished 4th 3 times. Forgot. Anybody else?

Well technically yes. But for some reason I'm thinking you're talking about in the last 10-15 years. If you go back to the inception of DCI, Troopers, 2-7, and many other corps came close but never got that coveted title. Considering there's only 6 active corps that havee won a championship, it's gonna be hard, but I think someone new will do it eventually, Bloo is a good guess.