When will the Bluecoats win their championship?

When will the bluecoats win their championship?  

221 members have voted

1. 1. What year will it be

• 2010+
    • Never

May you walk alone.

:P

:lolhit: :lolhit: :lolhit: :lolhit: :lolhit:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark my words:

When the changes come (both on and off the field) next year, the same naysayers will say "I liked the old Bluecoats better" or "they have no identity." Just wait...

I have said this since February: I now know how Bill Cook, Jim Mason, et al., must have felt in 1990.

I have also said that what you are seeing put out on the field by the Bluecoats is not an accident; for the past 7 seasons, the corps has continually pushed itself to new heights. It is also not because every corps near them has continually had "off years." After 2004, the goal of the corps was not to get into the top 5; the goal was to win the thing. This probably seems like an easy thing to say. Now, programming something like this takes a different mindset. There is a reason why a handful of corps are consistently in the top 3--they do not program their shows to be in the top 6--they program to win it all and come Finals, they are very close to accomplishing that--year in and year out. Now, having said that, the current Bluecoats staff has also made sure to program enough for the corps to advance and take some calcualted risks without the possibility of falling back. However, the old gloves are gonna come off next year (in more ways than one). This is the time for the corps to take a big risk in order to take a giant leap forward. They have the staff and members to do it.

Get ready for a throw down! It is a very exciting time to be Blue.

"That cheapens the title."

But it's the truth. Think about it; miricle victories don't JUST come from a corps being better. They also come from other corps sliding. Look at 2005. Cadets surpass Cavaliers. But let's say they did Machine in 2005 and My Kind of Town in 2006. I think it's safe to say that we would've seen Phantom in first if they had just swapped years (while retaining the EXACT SAME finals performances).

"That cheapens the title."

But it's the truth. Think about it; miricle victories don't JUST come from a corps being better. They also come from other corps sliding. Look at 2005. Cadets surpass Cavaliers. But let's say they did Machine in 2005 and My Kind of Town in 2006. I think it's safe to say that we would've seen Phantom in first if they had just swapped years (while retaining the EXACT SAME finals performances).

But let's say the 2005 Cadets happened in 2006, we would have seen Phantom in third! :)

Mark my words:

When the changes come (both on and off the field) next year, the same naysayers will say "I liked the old Bluecoats better" or "they have no identity." Just wait...

I have said this since February: I now know how Bill Cook, Jim Mason, et al., must have felt in 1990.

Get ready for a throw down! It is a very exciting time to be Blue.

Elmo,

I respect you and the 'Coats guys a whole lot...but this is still nothing but another form of off-season hype.

Give us specifics? :)