When will the Bluecoats win their championship?

When will the bluecoats win their championship?  

221 members have voted

1. 1. What year will it be

• 2010+
    • Never

Is there a corps since the inception of DCI that has made top 4 and not gone on to win a title at some point? I know there have been plenty of 5th place corps like that, but not sure about 4th place corps.

Duh, forgot about 27th. They did it twice. Forgot. Anybody else?

Troopers, Blue Stars, Muchachos, 27, Bridgemen, Spirit of Atlanta. Those were all from the tick system days though. Since the build up system has been in place, all new corps into the top 4 have gone on to win at some point.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The complete list of corps that have gotten 4th place but never went on to win a title are as follows:

27th, Troopers, Blue Stars, Muchachos, Spirit, Bridgemen

Yes. And the list of active Corps that have won DCI outright other than Madison, BD, Cavies, SCV, Cadets is zero. ( Phantom seems to be locked into the 2nd to 4th positions most years almost by birthright . Although they had one magical ride where they tied for a title one year )

Edited by X DM

Troopers, Blue Stars, Muchachos, 27, Bridgemen, Spirit of Atlanta. Those were all from the tick system days though. Since the build up system has been in place, all new corps into the top 4 have gone on to win at some point.

when we say no Corps that has finished " fourth " has not gone on to win a Title, this is accurate, so long as we understand the numbers we are talking about here. We could just as easily say that there are several Corps that have finished HIGHER than 4th place and yet did not win a Title too. The tick system change to a build up judging system has nothing to do with the reasons here, in my opinion.

Edited by X DM

Bingo. It's not about being good. It's about being better than everyone else...at the same time.

So the question really is, when will Phantom, Cavaliers, Blue Devils, Cadets and Santa Clara all have an off year at the same time?

I understand you thought process here, BUT being the DCI World Champion is

about being the BEST. It is not about others having "off years" at the same time.

That cheapens the title.

If (I hope when) the Bluecoats win their title, it will have nothing to do with other corps having off years. As always, the year they win it, there will be other corps

within tenths of a point from being the champion and not corps that are having

off years.

Just Troopers and Blue Stars, actually.

~>conner

when we say no Corps that has finished " fourth " has not gone on to win a Title, this is accurate, so long as we understand the numbers we are talking about here. We could just as easily say that there are several Corps that have finished HIGHER than 4th place and yet did not win a Title too. The tick system change to a build up judging system has nothing to do with the reasons here, in my opinion.

My answer was limited to Lance's original question. I mentioned the judging aspect not as a reason, but as a time frame reference. :)