DCI ESPN2 September 5, 2006

Finally  

91 members have voted

1. 1. DCI Finals Broadcast is what for ESPN2?

• Excellent
    • Good
    • Poor
    • Bad
    • Pass

ummm, i have no idea what you guys are talking about. everyone here is virginia gets espn2 for free. are we just super sweet bad###es here?

ESPN2 FREE in Virginia Wow! b**bs

drumhumorTerrance

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least drum corps is getting some TV time. I loved back when PBS would put the finals on uncut,wish we still had that.

..which will never happen, since nowadays, everyone watching it would record it with there dvd recorders, and DCI sales of finals dvd's would be virtually nonexistant...

..which will never happen, since nowadays, everyone watching it would record it with there dvd recorders, and DCI sales of finals dvd's would be virtually nonexistant...

The Thursday Cinecast takes the place of this now. The best PBS ever did was top 12. The cinecast gives you 17 corps live. No, not everyone lives near a participating theater, but it is a step in the right direction.

Also, Friday semis were streamed live on DCI.org.

BUT..we don't...get ESPN2 in CANADA !!! <**> :worthy::worthy: b**bs :sshh:

Sure do.....I watched the broadcast in a local Mississauga bar last September.

At least drum corps is getting some TV time. I loved back when PBS would put the finals on uncut,wish we still had that.

We get a substantially greater presence throughout the country on ESPN2 than we could have dreamed of with PBS. For one thing, the individual PBS stations were not required to show the broadcast. Some used it for fund-raising when it suit their purpose...we had some cities showing it over Labor Day, some showing it over Thanksgiving, and many choosing not to show it at all.

As for someone else's question about how successful it was on ESPN2, I remember after the broadcast reading that ESPN2 officials were a tad surprised at the numbers it pulled down. I expect those numbers will go up as more become aware of it due to knowing it was shown there before and also due to have one SINGLE date that everyone can expect to see it.

Move!

Hey, I'll take living in Canada and missing a drum corps broadcast for one day over 365 days of drinking American beer.

I hope they tame down the sappy behind the scenes stuff. For the uninitiated people out there, they could care less about seeing 10 minutes of hugging and crying of corps members...that was overkill. Just show the performances!

I've had people tell me they enjoyed the behind-the-scenes stuff because it showed them the heart of the activity.

For the rest of us, there's the DVDs.