Jubal

I recently heard that Jubal had stuff stolen from them not once but twice this summer! The first time was the midwest at the school they were staying at where members had personal belongings stolen. Then at Madison where some of their souvies were stolen. Is this true or did I just get bad information? Granted this happens to a lot of corps during the summer, but still...

Either way I hope Jubal enjoyed their time here in the States.

You are correct on the 1st theft...they had money, ipods, psp's, amd the like stolen from them. They mentioned it at the Madison scouts alumni exhibition the day before qfinals. I gave them 20 dollars and I am sure others donated as well. This really sucks and I hope that this does not deter them from coming to the sates again.

We had a clepto in a corps I was in that would steal things from other corps members in the gym area during camps. Sometimes it's not always "someone from the outside" :(

I think Jubal probably had a GREAT time coming to the states and watching all of the corps here in person! I hope they continue to come.

One of the things I did prior to going to Madison was to make a list of my gadgets with their serial numbers and emailed it to myself (and my wife). At least I'd have a little more information I could access (hopefully from anywhere) if I needed to fill out a theft report.

Edited by Wildabeast

we had people get those things stolen during our "death camp" right before tour. as much as it sucks, I felt no remorse for them, because they wer told to leave that stuff at home. Jubal being an international corps, that does suck, and I feel bad that they felt comfortable coming to the States with those things. I too, hope they return, because no one puts out a show like they do. Going on after them at the Michigan City show was a hard act to follow.

I talked with some of their souvie staff at a couple of times during their week in Madison. At the show on Wednesday night, as I was buying dvds from them, they must have had at least 75 people donate money into their box. It looked like alot of $20 bills. Great to see that kind of support. They said they were having a fantastic time in the States, and loved watching all the corps performing. They told me it really helped for when they go back and compete in their finals which are coming up.

I hope they choose to come back again, I think they said it is about every 4 years that they try to come to the U.S.

I am so glad I got to see Jubal perform this year, as it is wonderful to see what corps are doing in other parts of the world.

I sat next to the visual designer in the pressbox at the Wednesday night exhibition show in Madison. He was so nice.

I really felt bad that something like would happen to a "visiting" corps.