Drum Corps Quotes - A little fun

I thought this might be a little fun. When we were kids, (or some of us who still play), we hear things from our instructors that may, or may not be only in DrumCorps. A few;

"#########!! This is REHEARSAL, you practice at HOME!!!!"

"Time is not a magazine"

"Your OTHER left"

"What was THAT??!!"

"Where's the fire?" (when things sped up.)

"At least the hands still work." (marching)

If this has been done before, I apologize, but I thought we could have some fun.

B) ^0^ b**bs b**bs

Rock On!!

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought this might be a little fun. When we were kids, (or some of us who still play), we hear things from our instructors that may, or may not be only in DrumCorps. A few;

One of my favorite quotes is from our percussion instructor,Gary Covitz ,as we marched into the stadium to take the field for DCI finals in 1975

"DONT SUCK" :sshh: :rolleyes: :P

Edited by john2780

Something I yelled at the bassline during camp.

"Bass! Thank you for playing all the right notes. Next time can you also try to play them in the right order?"

$1 to Morcombe and Wise.....

Our band director said this after one of our rehearsals. "So, um, since we just did that pretty darn good. And um, since this is with in the first hour of rehearsal. Um, anyone up for ice cream?" He's a big supersticious guy. Good times.

That should be listed as the BIGGEST LIE in drum corps. <_<

I saw a T-shirt in 2001 something like this...

One more time

OK again

Do it again

One more time

Once more

Again

From the top

etc - obviously worn by a staff member. I wish I could get my hands on one of those.

That should be listed as the BIGGEST LIE in drum corps. <_<

no the biggest lie is 5 more minutes - as in the answer to when the buses will be stopping at the next rest stop. (for all you youngun's - our buses didn't have bathrooms so it was either wait till the next stop, pee in a cup or #### in a bag)

no the biggest lie is 5 more minutes - as in the answer to when the buses will be stopping at the next rest stop. (for all you youngun's - our buses didn't have bathrooms so it was either wait till the next stop, pee in a cup or #### in a bag)

We used bottles and threw them out the wndow. Always fun to see the guy behind you start his windshield wipers.....

Never did the bag thing - that's just gross....