Drum Corps Quotes - A little fun

"You see that telephone pole way out there in the distance? Go run to the next one!"

"If I was here back in January I would have cut you"

(Kevin I know you read these boards....)

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Sopranos, you see those kids playing over there? Go run over and say hi, DON'T SCARE EM!"

"Sopranos in that diagonal right there, that was the best thats been, please celebrate (push-ups)"

One rep later "SOPRANOOOOS! THAT WAS GOOD! CELBRATE!"

"Don't be the last one to enjoy your Hobby" NY Skyliners director, usually on a hot day after a water break.

"When you play you have to open your throat. Open it like you'd do it if a cucumber were going down your throat." John "Screech" Arietano, whilst speaking to the mellophone section during hornline rehearsal.

I remember at Glassmen when Frank Williams watching the us (Euphs) struggle to hold our horns up during a winter rehersal and tells us, "we look like that Barney Fife twitching around on the Andy Griffith show".

I also think it was Joey Keys at any SCV rehersal having us do "ARMS ACROSS AMERICA" to guide the non-linear drill forms.

This is a quote I heard second-hand so some '02 Bluecoats vets can help me out here.

"I've never marched a day in my life and I can do it better than that!"

-James Landrum, the '02 drum major and member of the pit for the previous few seasons.

After a particularly sloppy practice, the section leader asked our Drill Instructor... " do you think we can work on execution tonite after the break " ? Our DI said " Sure, But I'll have to think about who we execute first, all the horns, the drum majors or the guard. Maybe we should just kill'em all in their sleeping bags tonite "...... noticing he forgot the drum line he says....... " and forget the drum line. You guys are marching today like some sorryass zombies that've been shot dead aleady "

Same guy.... good practice or good movement........ " Now THAT'S what I'm talkin' about !!!

Edited by X DM