2. BD

3. Crossmen

4. SCV

5. Cavaliers

6. PR

That is who I liked!

Go Amplification! :angry:

2001...ahh, the ageout...

1-Cavaliers-I hadn't seen them march at that pace...ever. I knew that it was a bit too much running around, but it definitely paved the way for last year's show.

2-Cadets-Moondance was by far the most well performed tune of the year, hands down. Shaping, phrasing, style...wow. Best hornline I've heard out of the Cadets since I started marching. The ending drill sequence of Young Person's Guide was fabulously done too!

3-Devils-I loved the show every time I saw it. First time I got to see them early season too!

4-Vanguard-I don't think I got to see the show at all live except for Indy. My favorite part of this one was seeing my man Steve Ballard on the jumbo-tron during the New Era chant :-) You could tell that drum corps was doing what they do best, throwing down an amazingly difficult show.

5-Glassmen-Some buddies from the "heel" were in the drumline that year (and guard.) They did quite a bit of running around in that show, especially the first movement. I didn't really get into the brass book, but I did like the percussion stuff, especially the world percussion-esque music!

6-Crossmen-I felt like we had one of the best marching brass sections in Crossmen history. Not best ever, but pretty darn close! I am proud of that brass section! Aaron Goldberg made the night by playing that bari solo in Flyin' Home, and Firedance was an absolute blast to perform...I wish I could get those nights back! :(

7-Regiment-I thought the Bartok Concerto for Orchestra was really good. I also felt like the PR show design was about .5 better than the Crossmen's that year. Look what ended up happening...it was fairly close at the end.

8-Bluecoats-I think that much like Cavaliers, their show in 2001 set them up well for 2002. I thought they had a good one in 01, but 02 I enjoyed top to bottom!

Thanks for the opportunity to go back and think about a great summer!

Drew

Which was the corps that had the show based on raw materials or something like that? They had wood, water, ruber, metal, or something like that. I remember that was really cool. Was that even 2001?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Is not a Cavie fan!

that was Crown in 01, it was a fantastic show...one of my favorites for the year, and definitely my favorite Crown show ever

• 2 weeks later...

My personal favorite was cadets, and cavies.... but i also enjoyed SCV and BD... i thought that the New era chant was hot. But the best show in my point of view was Phantom what a hornline.... and drumline. I feel they are very under rated and uder appreciated!!

• 3 weeks later...

My personal favorite, probably maybe of all time is Blue Devils 2001 "Away Day Blue", theres this part about half way through that a couple of horns come up to the front, and play a lil lick for a bit, then the rest of the hornline joins in, and its prolly one of the loudest thigns ive ever heard. All i can do is blast my speakers ven louser. The energy packed into that is so explosive! Ahh it brings chills everytime, and the end of the song is really jazzy yet dramatic. Awesome. Later.

nick