Whats up with the Madison Scouts Board of Directors?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the BoD is a group of people with the corps best interest in mind. Do I agree with all of their decisions, no, but they are doing what they believe is best. THEY ARE NOT!!!!! bad people.

I dont thinkt hey are bad people, I just dont think they know how to run a strong organization...

I really don't think much about the BOD. I just trust that they will do what is right for the Scouts. I worry about what's going on - on the field.

I really don't think much about the BOD. I just trust that they will do what is right for the Scouts. I worry about what's going on - on the field.

if you think about it though... doesnt the BOD set the corps budget? that technically does affect what is going on on the field...

Yeah - you're right. If budget were greatly cut, for whatever reason, then believe me, I would care what they do.

if you think about it though... doesnt the BOD set the corps budget? that technically does affect what is going on on the field...

Every organization is run different, it's not fair to make assumptions of what one BoD does as a responsibility over another.

ALso, would people be blasting the Madison BoD had they not let Sal go, or would we simply be whining and b*tching about the show and how much we didn't like it.

I love that organization, and the BoD, and I think it's unfair that some of us think we know what is good for a group simply because we are still on a high horse from that one year we marched 3rd soprano for corps B, or whatever our experiences are.

Every organization is run different, it's not fair to make assumptions of what one BoD does as a responsibility over another.

ALso, would people be blasting the Madison BoD had they not let Sal go, or would we simply be whining and b*tching about the show and how much we didn't like it.

I love that organization, and the BoD, and I think it's unfair that some of us think we know what is good for a group simply because we are still on a high horse from that one year we marched 3rd soprano for corps B, or whatever our experiences are.

Actually, Ive had beef with them bc of the rumors as to why Thompson left after 04.

i just want to see everyone thoughts on the board and its role within the corps shows/direction...

In every corps that I'm aware of, it is not within the capabilities of the BoD to interfere with or attempt to control the design, style, or direction the corps takes competitively. It is their responsibility to oversee the administration and funding of the corps.

And in many cases, the BoD doesn't plan the budget...the corps director would do that, then the BoD would accept it (or not) and carry on raising the funds to support the budget.